The Waylanders - Funded and Stretchgoal adjusted

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Waylanders project is funded and a stretch goal has been adjusted:

FUNDED!!! New stretch goals revealed

We are now funded! And we wouldn't have been able to do it without your amazing support!

We want to say just two words:

THANK YOU!

But it's time to keep working, because there are two important days left! And we want to adjust our stretch goals. Emily have joined our team before we reached the stretch goal, and we also give you the first companion as a present for free. So, the next stretch goal was in $300,000. We adjusted it to… $160.000!

Do you want to know more about Aunes? You already have the info on this update!

And we also want to reveal the next stretch goals:

$180.000 Heraklios

Despite his youth, Heraklios is one of the best greek warriors, as good using sword as with his fists. Nobody wants to fight him in pancratio, sport where Heraklios is a brutal champion.

He’s a member of Salamina’s royal family and it’s said that he comes from Teucer’s lineage.

Following the known idea that superheroes are the gods and heroes in a modern mythology, Heraklios is obsessed with greek legends in the same way a modern “freak” would be with Star Wars or superheroe comics. During his childhood his parents told him classic greek histories, making him an absolute fan of these legends, being the Trojan Cycle his favorite saga. He could recite from memory all the ships and warriors who joined in the trojan siege, or spend hours in an argument about who would be the winner in a fight between Hercules and Achilles.

He is also obsessed with collecting things related with his favorite legends; his most valuable belonging is a replica of Achilles’ shield, decorated just like the one described in the Iliad. He does not use the shield in battle to keep it intact, in the same way a collector today would never open the package of a rare action figure.

His biggest dream is to get the glory in combat and become an equal to the mythological heroes he admires.

When a group of greek soldiers comes to Brigantia he joins them to follow the steps of his ancestor and go to the land where Teucer spent his last years.

As Brigantia is now in a siege, Heraklios finds some kind of similarity with the trojan war and thinks this is the great battle where he can find the fame he is looking for.

$200.000 Mal

$220.000 Khaldun

We'll reveal more information about Mal and Khaldun soon!

These three characters will add hours of play to The Waylanders! We want to remind you the important role of the companions in The Waylanders:

Companions are important characters that can join your party, and that you can have close relations with. They’ll provide you with more hours of gameplay, since they have their own character quests (these will have a similar format to Mass Effect’s loyalty missions). If you have a close relationship with them, you will get further quests and they’ll become an important part of your gameplay experience.

So, more companions means more time to enjoy The Waylanders!

Thank you again for your huge support. We'll do our best to unlock the new stretch goals!

More information.

Did not back...which doesnt mean much, as Underworld Ascendant was last game I backed and I feel better in role of regular customer since (ie. buying after release). But still kinda curious if they manage to make something worthwhile. Congratulations of course.

Good for them. I was hoping this and Realms Beyond would make it, glad they both did.

I probably would've backed both but it's just too close to the black friday/holiday sales.

I finally jumped in myself, so I'm glad it's funded.

However giving one stretch goal for free and lowering the goal for another one by nearly 50% is a questionable practice.

I'm really glad they made it, looked like for a bit there that they just might not. Now I'll just be hoping for an excellent game somewhere down the road!

Back
Top Bottom