Bard's Tale IV - Spotlight #4 - Music

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Spotlight 4 focuses on music.

Be sure to participate in our Wishlist Initiative! Wishlist the game on Steam, GOG, and Humble Bundle to lower the game's price and unlock free in-game extras! Follow the links below!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/566090/The_Bards_Tale_IV_Barrows_Deep/

https://www.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale_iv_barrows_deep

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-bards-tale-iv-barrows-deep

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-bards-tale-iv-barrows-deep-pc/
More information.

I had wish-listed this but when I saw 100,000 was a torch from another game, I removed it.

Why do they all speak like dwarves?? <grinning, ducking, running>

Really, though, the music is shaping up great.

I had wish-listed this but when I saw 100,000 was a torch from another game, I removed it.

??? So let me get this straight. You spent effort to reduce the chance of the game getting a discount? The 100k target has already been reached so the torch is already in the game. Also, I'm not sure if you are overly familiar with Bards Tale but the original actually allowed you to import characters from completely unrelated games i.e. Ultima and Wizardry. Not only that but there were a couple of weapons borrowed from other games in the later entries.

Did anyone ask for an art asset from another game? Nope. This is a meaningless goal and should be punished. P.S. BT4 will be heavily discounted after release anyway. All games are and I'm patient.

Also, Gaelic music does nothing for me.

As for me, the reason why I wishlisted it, even being a KS backer, was the 500K tier - a new DLC will make its way into the game (I believe it's for free???)

Having said that, maybe you can reconsider wishlisting it again.

If it gets really close to free DLC I just might. My gripe is when greedy people put in meaningless fodder as some type of goal. P.S. I'm not a Fargo fan at all. I think he's a douche.

5 days. Looking forward to it. If you're not into Blobbers, that's fine. But the rest of us are salivating.

Oh no, 5 days? I just bought Hero-U. This was a very anticipated title for me. We'll see. I won't be able to play it on release, though, if I'm caught up in another game.

Last edited:
I'm actually starting to get excited for this game despite my previous criticisms of the shallow character building. I think I'll play it before Kingmaker.

September 25th, but I'll be playing the PoE2 DLC that comes out on the same day.

Normally I eschew music/audio in games, but hearing that this will have a gaelic bent means I might actually listen to it. I'm not a big fan of throwing funds at the audio, but if it is decent audio, then it does serve a purpose.

So many games I'm interested in coming out in the next few weeks. This is probably the one I'm most excited about though just because it's a turn based blobber and I've liked what I've read about it so far. But it's also taking some chances and changing things up, which makes me more excited because it's new, but also more cautious because there's always a chance things won't work out.

Damn only 5 days to release? I just bought Dragon Quest XI. Too many quest and too little time... :(

I'm currently playing the Remastered BT1 and one of the highlights for me is the soundtrack. I really hope some of the original tunes are included in some form or another in BT4.

Woah ! The last song made me get shivers …

I really want a soundtrack CD (physically) from that gaelic sound now !

Back
Top Bottom