The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I signed up for Spotify (best thing I ever did maybe :p ) and have random hip-hop playing. I got this Logitech bluetooth adapter so the music streams through my room surround sound. Works well. I also listen to ambient/chill playlist at night to sleep and I find that helps get the zzz's. Also listening to Bob James and some jazz here and there, not the super intense weird stuff but the smoother stuff.

I went into a dark realm today, enjoyed some deep cuts from Alice Cooper. I started with Pretties for You, and ended with Flush the Fashion. Some really good albums in the mix there.

I had a free subscription to Spotify once, but dropped it. Too much music I listen to isn't available there, like "Far from Reality":

Another example is "Fuzzy Logic", which doesn't even seem to be available on youtube. Now, both these two examples ar bands you've never heard about. But also for some well-known bands like "Porcupine Tree" there are albums missing.

I guess it depends on what music you want to listen to, but Spotify is not for me.

pibbur who notices the "The National Orchestra of the United Kingdom of Goats" is spotified.

PS: Since I don't have a Spotify account, I found these examples by googling. DS.

One of Spotify's gravest crimes is removing albums from time to time. I created a number of playlists, which now have greyed-out songs in them. I also don't see why they can't provide lossless audio. Having lower audio quality than the CD provided in the 1980's seems a bit of a shame.

But, having said that, I do use it a lot for finding new music. It's very good at generating recommendations and "radio stations" that cater to my tastes. This creates stress, though, as I then end up with a huge wishlist of music to add to my proper music collection.

One of Spotify's gravest crimes is removing albums from time to time. I created a number of playlists, which now have greyed-out songs in them. I also don't see why they can't provide lossless audio. Having lower audio quality than the CD provided in the 1980's seems a bit of a shame.

But, having said that, I do use it a lot for finding new music. It's very good at generating recommendations and "radio stations" that cater to my tastes. This creates stress, though, as I then end up with a huge wishlist of music to add to my proper music collection.

I find that annoying as well. Why do they do that? Expired license or lack or demand etc?

I find that annoying as well. Why do they do that? Expired license or lack or demand etc?

Some sort of licensing shenanigans, I assume. I don't honestly know what exactly the problem is. I do know it happens often enough to annoy me, and when I mention it to others they've often noticed it too.

Last night I spent several enjoyable hours with Frank Zappa and the Mothers. Over-nite Sensation, Apostrophe, and Joe's Garage are the stand-out albums for me, but honestly they are all great.

Ska? Didn't see that coming. I did enjoy that revival in the early 90s. Perhaps a few memories?

Perhaps a little ska punk?

Thanks again for the Hatchie, BTW.

Yesterday I was able to perform the biggest music style switch ever in my car:
System of a Down: Mezmerize (on the highway, on my way to the office)
Best of Crosby Stills Nash & Young (in downtown, sitting in the traffic jam)

Back
Top Bottom