Hero-U - Supplemental Kickstarter Ends Successfully

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The second Hero-U Kickstarter has succeeded, too:
Hero-U Funded Again – Thank You!

Lori, I, and our entire development team would like to thank everyone who contributed to and shared either of our Hero-U Kickstarter campaigns. Your pledges will give us a solid base for improving and finishing the game. Our total funding between the two Kickstarter campaigns, PayPal donations, and Humble Bundle pre-orders will be slightly under $500,000 (about $450,000 after subtracting fees).

If you pledged to the 2015 campaign, your credit card should have been billed for the amount of your pledge. If you received notice that there is a problem with your payment, please work with Kickstarter and your credit card company to resolve the issue quickly. We were very proud of the backers of our 2012 campaign in that almost everyone honored their pledges – honor and honesty are prized attributes for Heroes!

Chris Fong and I are working with BackerKit to make sure all of you will receive all the rewards we promised. We have a complicated campaign in that we’re combining pledges made in two Kickstarter campaigns, PayPal donations, and Humble Bundle pre-orders. The folks at BackerKit have been very responsive and assure us they will help us make everything correct.

A Stronger Team Thanks to You

Thanks to the successful Kickstarter, we’ve been able to upgrade Aaron Martin (3D environment artist) and Al Eufrasio (animator) to full-time status. We may add an additional animator later if needed.

We are also happy to announce that Judy Feng will be joining the development staff as a part-time contract programmer. Judy is a skilled and experienced programmer who will be helping us out while also working another full-time job. The extra development power will make sure we can do a good job with the custom sections of the game such as the Poobah card game.
More information.

Honestly the Coles have a good heart and have all the best intentions, they deserve for this to be succesful. If Shenmue III can get millions of dollars, I don't see why they wouldn't deserve their piece of the pie.

I was a bit perturbed by this update...I didn't back them this time, but backed the original project. I guess this whole "we don't have to mortgage the house thing" rubbed me the wrong way. If they didn't mismanage the project that would never have been an issue.

I get they wanted to do more, but at the same time I can't feel bad for them when they put themselves there by changing the project. One could even argue that by changing the project so much they no longer even meet the original game they pushed but something different.

That's not even to say that this version will be better, that is neither here nor there.

Back
Top Bottom