Pricewatch!

Also, what OS version has the bundle been developed for? If its Ice Cream Sandwich (OS 4) then my tablet can run it by my phone can not because it won't upgrade.

Avadon works fine on my Kindle Fire, which is custom flavour of Gingerbread (2.2), as well as the rest of the games.

They also work on my phone running ICS, with the exception of Avadon (screen size is too small).

GamersGate is having a Dragon Age sale through this weekend. All Dragon Age titles are 66-70% off.

You can get the Dragon Age "complete pack" for $13.58. That includes DA:O + Awakening + DA2 and all the DLC.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=dragonageweekend

i double checked again but i noticed yesterday that it DOESN'T include the mark of the assassin dlc for Dragon Age 2 or the item packs, just the exiled prince which came with the signature edition. i would have bought it if it had even though i own everything else, as it is i have no desire to spend the money for the dlc alone.

I'm having the same problem. Guides only, no actual games available in the special.
There are ways around this sort of region locking of course (I used them successfully for the region locked Drakensang sequels).
Edit: oh, is Thrasher having a problem with mis-reported region?

Yeah, I can't change seem to change out of kronor.

EDIT:

GOG is having an Atari 50% off sale. For some reason this includes Master of Orion I + II, and Master of Magic. Both for $3. Well worth it!

Not sure how many will be interested, but there is a daily deal on Steam for "Dungeon Siege Complete" running for $10.00. It includes DS1, 2, 3, and the DS3: Treasures of the Sun DLC. Pretty good deal for anyone interested in the series, or even just DS3. I haven't played any of the DS games, and have only played the demo for DS3, but at that price it's somewhat tempting I suppose, although that gameplay style isn't my favorite.

I picked up the DS pack as I've never played them. Really more interested in picking DS1 up to play the ultima remake (though not sure its actually compatible but assuming it is) and this is only way to get the game that I know of (other than ebay or such).

I might purchase that bundle just for DS2. Afaik, Steam is the only place you can get it as a digital download.

Never played DS2, but I've heard good things about it. I thought DS1 was a boring grindfest, and my impression of DS3 from the demo was that it was mediocre at best.

I wonder if the bundle also includes the expansions for the first two games...

I wonder if the bundle also includes the expansions for the first two games…

Oddly enough, it doesn't…seems kind of strange considering that it includes the DLC for DS3. Still, I'm not sure if the expansions can be considered "necessary" due to the low price of the main games. Assuming that one likes DS1 or 2 enough to want more, perhaps the expansions could be picked up later.

I decided to purchase the bundle on an impulse, and having no experience with the series, I've started playing DS1. I'm only a few hours in and have just 2 other party members, but so far it's fairly enjoyable (I think my extremely low expectations help in this regard). I don't know if I just really enjoy controlling a party, but this aspect already has me enjoying this hack n' slash game more than I usually do. Such a pity that DS3 removed the party aspect…

There's not much story to be found, and I can already tell that it is going to eventually feel repetitive (as is the inherent nature of this style of gameplay), but having a full party will set DS apart from the other h&s games in this specific genre, and will probably make me stick with it longer than I usually do for similar games (which isn't saying much - Divine Divinity is the only hack n' slash game developed in this style that I have sunk anywhere near what you could call a significant amount of time in).

The combat isn't exactly deep (although I have run into some decent challenges early on against certain opponents that forced to me come up with an actual strategy of some sort), but so far it feels like a simplified, loot-heavy Icewind Dale with the minimalist story and focus on simple, fun adventuring. We'll see how long the fun lasts, but for $10.00, I don't regret my decision to buy the bundle just yet.

I might purchase that bundle just for DS2. Afaik, Steam is the only place you can get it as a digital download.

Never played DS2, but I've heard good things about it. I thought DS1 was a boring grindfest, and my impression of DS3 from the demo was that it was mediocre at best.

I wonder if the bundle also includes the expansions for the first two games…

No expansions - but for DS2 consider that a blessing ;) Broken World was ... meh.

You run around, kill everything, get to the disproportionately difficult boss and die a few times before taking it down—repeat. There are numerous side-quests available to help break things up, but most resolve naturally if you venture off the linear main path. This new quest is also quite short. You can complete everything possible in well under a dozen hours and are left with little incentive to go back.

I was disappointed that the Mac version of DS1 wasn't included, as I would have picked it up for Lazarus.

I just got never winter nights 2 ffor a dollar off gamers gate for Mac.

I was happy to grab it for $4.99 a couple of months ago on the Mac App Store - now it is $0.99 there, Amazon (off and on) and GG. Sweet deal - especially with no expansion support ...

Tempting!

BTW, after creating another ticket r.e. my regional settings, and a back and forth via email, Gamers Gate has FINALLY (after 2 previous ignored requests), returned me to the United States. I can get the regional offers now. But now I can't see the price in kronor. :( ;) :p

It makes me wonder about Paradox's worldwide sim capability. ;)

Last edited:
I ended up grabbing that Dragon Age bundle from GamersGate. It was too good to pass up at that price, even though I already had DA:O and Awakening. I also pre-ordered Grimrock from the developer's site.

I missed the Dungeon Siege sale though. Probably for the best since I doubt I would end up playing them anyways.

Back
Top Bottom