Pricewatch!

The Mac App Store has the whole Deathspank series for $2.99 each. (they actually had two of them for $1.99 in November ...)

Adventure fans should have a look at the Computer Bild Spiele anniversary issue (150th). It comes with Tales of Monkey Island (all episodes) and Edna & Harvey: The Breakout.

And the Indie fort bundle is live!

That is the bundle that contains:
Devil Whiskey
Wanderlust
Cardinal Quest
Steel Storm
Kenshi (Alpha)
Black Market

I added my tag to the link, so if anyone buys from it, I'll (hopefully) get some blue coins. I just thought I would let you know, if someone dislikes it when you do that.

Adventure fans should have a look at the Computer Bild Spiele anniversary issue (150th). It comes with Tales of Monkey Island (all episodes) and Edna & Harvey: The Breakout.

Great ! Woohoo ! :)

I never bought it on GOG, in fact I have a boxed version. So I won't object to get a digital release for free too. ;)

No way! I actually have purchased Fallout a number of times. It's almost done on impulse when I have seen it for cheap in stores over the last decade.

@ txa - I consider myself a pretty loyal GOGer (I have 46 games in my collection with them), I just actually bought the Fallout "trilogy" pack shortly before I discovered their site, so I held off on getting it from them. Great free pick up for me!! That being said, does it really surprise you that they would give away a game that a good amount of their client base probably already owns??? They are a for-profit business after all!

Last edited:
These free games are probably given away to get more people to start using GOG, rather than to reward long term customers, and to do that they need a big name title. Fallout fits that bill perfectly.

Amazingly, even being a long-time old-school CRPG fanatic, and GOG user for a while now, I've never owned or played through Fallout. So I'm happy about the gift!

But yeah, I imagine it is mostly about bringing new people into the GOG fold though, and meshes nicely with the recent Wasteland 2 activity.

They also have Heroes of Might and Magic V with Assassin's Creed for $20 (it's a 2 for the price of 1)…

Which is an outstanding deal in Europe, considering the € price for HoMM V from most digital distribution sites (25-30€ if you want all the expansions). Less so for people in the US apparently (who apparently usually only have to pay ~$20 for HoMM V+expansions).

I wonder how big that download is. :)

I don't even want to calculate that, but luckily all the games can be downloaded individually. Some of those games are pretty big though.
And someone over at GOG calculated that if you write a review for every single game, then you will actually get more blue coins than that pack costs.

While there is a lot of junk in the pack, there are also a fare amount of games that are considered to be good in it, namely:
Alien Shooter gold pack (3 games)
Cryostasis
Death to spies+expansion
Faces of War
Fantasy Wars
King's bounty series (3 games)
Men of War series (3 games)
NecroVision+expansion
Pathologic (deserves bold so that people notice that gem)
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Real Warfare series (2 games)
Space rangers series (2 games)
Star Wolves series (3 games)
Theater of War series (2 games, 3 expansions)
UFO series (3 games)
XIII century series (2 games)

And a grand total of 86 games/expansions (mainly games), for less than half the price of a single new game (alien shooter gold pack counts as 1 game).

I was pretty disappointed recently when I purchased Neverwinter Nights Complete from GG and discovered that I couldn't download the individual games separately.

The 1C pack is an incredible deal, but I'm not sure if I'd ever play most of those titles. I already have Cryostasis and the King's Bounty games, and nothing else there really interest me. Cryostasis is total crap btw.

I played the demo for Pathologic a while back and couldn't understand what the game was about. It didn't help that it had the worse English I've ever seen in a game.

Um, Planet Alcatraz (dungeon cleaners?) and A Farewell to Dragons are not really an utter junk in that bundle, sorry Fnord, but those two are better reason to get the bundle than for example three Star Wolves (yea, I have StarWolves2, it almost made me to never buy anything from 1C ever again).
And I have both of mentioned (with bugged loot) RPGs, plus all King's Bounties so I really have no reason to buy the whole bundle.

Back
Top Bottom