Radical Entertainment reportedly shut down by Activision

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to Tweets from Game Informer's Jim Reilly, Activision is trying to keep the Radical team together, but the studio looks like it's busted. Prototype was not considered commercially successful, and the publisher may sell the developer to make up for it.
"Although we made a substantial investment in the Prototype IP, it did not find a broad commercial audience. Radical is a very talented team of developers, however, we have explored various options for the studio, including a potential sale of the business, and have made a difficult conclusion through the consultation process that the only remaining option is a significant reduction in staff. As such, some employees will remain working for Radical Entertainment supporting other existing Activision Publishing projects, but the studio will cease development of its own games going forward.
The PC version of Prototype 2 will launch on July 24th as planned. The pc version was done on console release just shelved for a month or two.

Yes I have read that, and Radical have issued a statement on their facebook pages with that respect. Very sad, I did enjoy their previous games including scarface and (my all time favourite) Prototype. Radical did announce on their facebook page that the PC version is still coming in July as planned - which makes me a bit happy.

Sorry for the studio after their long standing achievements and hope they will recover soon. They are one of the few developers that really develop fun games (in my view).

One positive thing, the CEO of EIDOS Montreal put a message on Radical facebook page inviting those affected to apply for EIDOS as they have big plans for them!

Back
Top Bottom