Mass Effect: Andromeda - Update from Bioware

aries100

SasqWatch
Aaryn Flynn, general manager of Bioware, penned an update on this game on the Bioware site. Aaryn Flynn writes, among other things, about the new features in this game:

More Freedom: One of our biggest ambitions is to give players an unprecedented level of freedom for a Mass Effect experience -where you'll go, how you'll get there, and how you'll play.

New Uncharted Worlds: We're leaving the Milky Way behind and headed to Andromeda, where we'll meet new allies, confront new enemies, and explore fascinating new worlds.

The Next Great Mass Effect Experience: Mass Effect: Andromeda will be the first Mass Effect game for today's consoles and the first built on the Frostbite engine. We're pushing the technology to deliver visuals, story, and gameplay that have never been done in franchise history.
And, btw, the game wil now ship in early 2017:

But we also know we need the right amount of time to make sure we deliver everything the game can be and should be - that's our commitment from all of us to all of you. Because of that, Mass Effect: Andromeda will now ship in early 2017.
More information.

That's an update that doesn't say anything new outside officially saying that they are going to show the game at EA Play 2016 one month from now and releasing early 2017.

Just two days after GTX1080 was revealed this is Bioware's statement:
Andromeda will be the first Mass Effect game for today's consoles and the first built on the Frostbite engine. We're pushing the technology to deliver visuals, story, and gameplay that have never been done in franchise history.

I'm aware Bioware devs are not in touch with their own audience, but not being in touch with current technology I just can't believe it. It's like having a proper cure for cancer but continuing to treat the disease with radiation and chems.

If the statement was supposed to be a joke, it's a bad one Bioware. I'm not laughing.
And I'm reposting this on Bio site.

That's an update that doesn't say anything new outside officially saying that they are going to show the game at EA Play 2016 one month from now and releasing early 2017.

Ack, you beat me to it. Another near useless marketeering escapade.

Just two days after GTX1080 was revealed this is Bioware's statement:

I'm aware Bioware devs are not in touch with their own audience, but not being in touch with current technology I just can't believe it. It's like having a proper cure for cancer but continuing to treat the disease with radiation and chems.

If the statement was supposed to be a joke, it's a bad one Bioware. I'm not laughing.
And I'm reposting this on Bio site.

By pushing technology, they presumably meant pushing the console hardware technology (which yes is severely outdated compared to Pcs) to the limits of it can do... not technology as a whole. Obviously they aren't going to make a PC version with high-end GPU requirements as there isn't a big enough market to justify all of the additional work / costs...

Bioware's Consolitis infection shows no signs of regression. Indeed Bioiware appears to embrace the disease as, meanwhile, the classic symptoms of inferior graphics, sluggish gameplay, clumsy user interfaces, etc. just seem to get worse.

__

Eh, it sounds like Todd Howard's sales pitch. Screw freedom, give me some space opera here with lots of weird alien romance opportunities. :p

From guys who made 100% honest Ubi comes 100% honest Bioware:

Still amazed of how many people are still not aware of the fact that Bioware is fully owned by EA and all the stuff that happens comes from the decisions from upper management (EA's people that know how to conduct a business, but have zero relationship with games, tech or science). Those managers are completely out of touch, they are focused only on profits and cutting costs. Zero f..k given on the customers and on the actual devs.

P.S.: in the video posted by joxer one of guys mentions LucasArts being swallowed by EA...LucasArts was part of the deal Disney had with George Lucas and Disney is the one that dissolved it.

Sounds ominous. Lets hope the Best Soap Opera in Space - Mass Effect I.-II.-III. - doesn't get botched by the new project leads and changes in dev team.

Sure it did as my GTX 760 did it too (not OCed).
But hairworx on it is impossible and we still don't know requirements for DX:MD. ;)

From guys who made 100% honest Ubi comes 100% honest Bioware:

Nice funny video… or sadly true video? :p

But we can also try to be positive… like this: :)

ohhh-ea_c_4986253.jpg

I find it hilarious that a fan forum posts and this not-really-an-update got more news coverage than…screencap of screenshots. Ok they are blurry, but that skybox.

I haven't been to the BSN for a while and I missed it when they were first posted. They are from a presentation about finance of games Aaryn did at GDXEdmonton.

Back
Top Bottom