Having shameful thoughts….

I'm a little confused as to why some of you are even looking for a "deep" RPG on an iPhone-iPad. That seems like an oxymoron to me. Even if you could find one, how much are you really going to enjoy it playing for 20-25 minutes at a time?

I could see it for longer trips, but trying to play it such short segments would only serve to annoy me.

It's not like it disappears when I arrive at work or when I get home :)

If an RPG gets my attention, I'll play it until I'm bored. Generally, I'm not looking for "immersive" games - because those don't exist on an iPad. But I can easily put down a tactical/traditional RPG like Baldur's Gate and pick it up again, as long as it's within a period of a few days.

Also, I'm just curious about games in general - and with RPG being my favorite genre, I'm naturally interested in them on all my available platforms.

Oh, and I enjoy being right as well. My claim is that we won't be seeing games that can compare with a strong PC game, except in EXTREMELY rare cases, because I consider the platform completely inferior for enthusiast gaming. Since I can't find a single RPG that gets close to even old PC games - it kinda proves my point. I've been listening to Apple fans go on and on about how great the platform is for gaming and how there's no reason we can't get strong RPGs on it.

So…. where are they? ;)

Ok, when BG:EE gets released - we'll finally have something that compares with a 14 year old RPG. Great.

I consider the platform completely inferior for enthusiast gaming.

So do I, and that's why I won't waste my time with it.

I suppose my view might be different if I used public transportation a lot or I was in a situation where the only gaming I could do would be on a portable device. Otherwise, I just can't see myself ever getting immersed in such a way. I'm too used to gaming with a large screen in a dark room. For me, it's more about the device itself than the selection of games.

So do I, and that's why I won't waste my time with it.

I suppose my view might be different if I used public transportation a lot or I was in a situation where the only gaming I could do would be on a portable device. Otherwise, I just can't see myself ever getting immersed in such a way. I'm too used to gaming with a large screen in a dark room. For me, it's more about the device itself than the selection of games.

Gaming is just a secondary thing with this. I primarily use it as a reading/surfing device. I would never buy an iPad for gaming exclusively - that would be a complete waste of money.

But it's a FANTASTIC mobile device for reading/surfing/etc. - the best I've seen, so far, actually.

Number one game for iphone( i guess, also for ipad) is swordigo.
It's a platform game, very well designed and executed. Check it out if you like these kind of games.

By the way, what reading application do you use? I use kobo, and i'm very pleased.

Number one game for iphone( i guess, also for ipad) is swordigo.
It's a platform game, very well designed and executed. Check it out if you like these kind of games.

By the way, what reading application do you use? I use kobo, and i'm very pleased.

I'm using iBooks for books and ComicZeal for comics... Both are excellent, so far.

Back
Top Bottom