Galactic Inheritors - A New 4X Space Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here is another 4X game this week that I found. The new game is called Galactic Inheritors,an is being developed a few veteran Paradox developers.

The stuido is called Crispon Games, and here is a new trailer.

You have reached to the stars to find that the dreams of a new utopia was dead before it began. Ancient technologies spread over the galaxy leave a sword of Damocles hanging over you. Now you must go out into the stars to conquer or perish.

GALACTIC INHERITORS is a new space 4X game from Crispon Games and published by Argonauts Interactive. The game focuses on the science fiction and strategy. Colonise solar systems and watch them grow. Explore the galaxy to find its strategic choke points. Build up your empire and your fleet and then use the power of the media to prepare your people for the inevitable war. At the same time watch your opponents, keep on an eye on their own media and watch for threats and opportunities.

GALACTIC INHERITORS is the new game created by Chris King, the former lead designer of Paradox Interactive, and his first project in the new company Crispon Games.

GALACTIC Inheritors is released on February 4th on Steam.

Last edited:
Sword? In the stars?? Paradox??? They wouldn't....

Well, probably not by the looks of the video. It doesn't show much but it sure isn't 3D.

P.S. The date got pushed back to the 10th.

I found a new interview with Chris King one of the founders of Crispon Games.

Link - http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/featured/galactic-inheritors-qa-conquest-cunning-guile-manipulation/
BR: Getting into the game, could you give us a brief rundown of both what makes this game special and how it differs from other 4X games?

CK:
I have been a lifelong fan of science fiction and it is the one thing I really wanted to bring to the game. With each feature we not only asked the obvious questions pertaining to game making, like: “Do we think it’s fun? “ “Could we implement this?” “What will the player experience?” – but we added an additional question that we felt was missing in most of the other Sci-Fi 4X games: “How would it work in real life? How would the “Science” part of science-fiction work?” And that is what we’ve been trying to implement in Galactic Inheritors: a sense of reality, of relation to the real life science in a fun and entertaining way within the confines of a video game.

Last edited:
Spacesector published new preview based on the Early Access version.

Link - http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2015/02/galactic-inheritors-early-access-release-first-impressions/
It is hard to get a full first impression on a game this early in development. Overall, from what I have played the game seems a little thin. Since it doesn’t offer the wide scope of several different mechanics it is entirely dependent on its primary focus. The media system, though interesting, doesn’t seem to play a role outside of triggering wars. The development roadmap mentions improvements to the media system and this will be welcomed. I do recommend they focus on making Media play a significant role in the game outside of just manipulating declarations of wars.

Well it has finally been released on Steam with a small discount.

SCI-FI 4X STRATEGY GAME GALACTIC INHERITORS FROM PARADOX INTERACTIVE VETERANS CHRIS KING AND PONTUS ÅBERG ARRIVES IN OUR GALAXY

Montreal, Canada (June 9, 2015) – Indie developer Crispon Games – founded by strategy game veterans Chris King and Pontus Åberg – in partnership with developer and publisher Argonauts Interactive, today announces 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate) space strategy game Galactic Inheritors is now available on Steam and other key digital distribution portals for Windows PC.

After five months on Early Access, where it continued to evolve based on feedback and support from its community, Galactic Inheritors’ full release is now available, with a wealth of improvements that put it light years ahead of its first iteration. Developer Crispon Games, led by former Paradox Interactive designers Chris King and Pontus Åberg, has made significant changes over the course of development that cements Galactic Inheritors as a must-play for hardcore 4X genre fans.

Only one can inherit the galaxy. Survival is not a right but earned through absolute domination. In Galactic Inheritors, military might and conflict are carefully orchestrated. War is an event preceded by slowly growing territorial tensions and the skilled manipulation of the populace, followed by the masterful blending of long-term strategies and effective tactical elements. Players can explore a vast galaxy filled with over one hundred unique solar systems to be contested and colonized. Each move helps forge their galactic empire into a powerful platform from which to accomplish the ultimate goal: conquering the galaxy by any means necessary.

Since its start on Steam Early Access, Galactic Inheritors has received considerable visual and mechanical overhaul. Visual changes primarily center around the game's user interface (UI), with improvements to help players better manage resources and issue in-game commands more easily. Galactic Inheritors also features new level art and enhanced profiles for all five playable alien races - Cawlar, Humans, Melowar, Ribetars and Xylenth - including their unique structures and multiple spacecrafts. The AI has been refined to improve random events and provide more realistic responses to aggressive actions taken by the player. New tools and strategies against opposing empires further bolster the depth of strategic gameplay options.

“When I left Paradox Interactive, I set out to create the game I always dreamed of making,” said Chris King, co-founder of Crispon Games and lead designer of Galactic Inheritors. “We would sit around, talking about turning certain game ideas into actual games, but some never made it past the idea stage. I deeply felt Galactic Inheritors is a game I needed to make, and make outside the constraints of a bigger studio. I knew I would deeply regret not taking the chance to make it happen, and am thrilled to see Galactic Inheritors in its current iteration as our first title from Crispon Games."

Along with gameplay and visual improvements, Galactic Inheritors now supports Steam Trading Cards, adding a variety of badges, emoticons and wallpapers to unlock.

Galactic Inheritors is available now on Steam for $17.99 (from $19.99) at a 10% off limited-time launch price, and can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/1MtnNiL

Back
Top Bottom