Thief 4 surfaces!

Some of those pics look like artist renditions rather than actual screenshots.

I'm guessing it uses Unreal Engine 3?

Hmm... I would expect it to look better than that if it were using Unreal 4. It looks remarkably similar to Dishonored which used Unreal 3.

Hmm, not very revealing - but it doesn't look bad.

I wasn't a big fan of Dishonored - but I don't think it looks too much like it. At least it doesn't have that awful Team Fortress 2 cartoon vibe - and I appreciate that.

They're saying it's the team behind DE:HR - but I believe that's a mistake. It might be the same development house - but it's not the same people. I remember the DE:HR team specifically mentioning that when they were finished with the game, the new team took over and moved into the building to start work on Thief 4.

Very much doubt it as its a next gen title, so it would be at least UE4 or Eidos Glasier engine (used in Human Revolution).

I'm very much interested in game engines but to my surprise I realized that I wasn't aware of what was used in DE:HR. Not that it is a big issue but I think you are incorrect about it using the Glacier engine. However I don't think it would be entirely out of the question for Thief 4 to use Glacier 2 since this is in house tech. Not that I found it particularly impressive in Hitman: Absolution. Still it wasn't that crappy and every game doesn't have to use Unreal Engine 3 (or 4 for that matter)

Back
Top Bottom