Darkest Dungeon - Crimson Court Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer Crimson Court has been released for Darkest Dungeon on Steam. The base game has also received a hefty update as well.

The Darkest Dungeon expansion The Crimson Court is out today, bringing with it the villainous vampire-hunting Fanatic, a new hero named the Flagellant, and also an update to the base game that makes a pile of changes and bug fixes laid out in some not-terribly-detailed patch notes. As befits a moment of this magnitude, there is also a trailer.
[...]
More information.

Great game. This looks like a full-fledged expansion? I miss when DLC were called Expansion Packs :D

I'm not a big fan of this one, also reading players feedback looks like The crimsone curse mechanic (introduced with this dlc) makes your heroes acts on their own.

Don't know why they think it's fun in a game to NOT control things.

Don't know why they think it's fun in a game to NOT control things.

Because it changes the fundamental experience in a way they think players may find interesting.

I have to say, after playing a whole bunch of the excellent "Swordflight" NWN module recently, I like the thought of RPGs that offer less control of certain facets in the game. It adds to the unpredictability and can create some interesting emergent gameplay that you wouldn't get with Total Control.

Say what you will about Darkest Dungeon but they have shown great post release support to their game. Many patches, updates and a large DLC. Nice to see that from a small company.

I enjoy Battle Brothers more then DD but I wish BB was supported like DD.

Because it changes the fundamental experience in a way they think players may find interesting.

I have to say, after playing a whole bunch of the excellent "Swordflight" NWN module recently, I like the thought of RPGs that offer less control of certain facets in the game. It adds to the unpredictability and can create some interesting emergent gameplay that you wouldn't get with Total Control.

To be fair it's not the only feature that gives you the "rng slot machine" vibe, in a strategic game i expect to be able to use strategy so my actions can really influence what is happening. I feel like the only real decisions you take ( the ones that really matter) are party selection , provision buying and trinkets gearing.

There are many other things i don't like about this game but i already explained in older posts about DD.

To answer your question - YES. The game is utter shite.

No, it's quite good. I don't think you and I would agree on many things to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom