RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

eigenlijk is het gewoon kut dat je stopt

Nee, nee, nee: klote! ;)

For those having put these two lines in Google Translate and still do not understand:
Kut = part of the female genitals,
Klote= part of the male genitals.

Both normal expressions in my country btw to say it sucks.

Nee, nee, nee: klote! ;)

For those having put these two lines in Google Translate and still do not understand:
Kut = part of the female genitals,
Klote= part of the male genitals.

Both normal expressions in my country btw to say it sucks.
When I enter it into Google Translate it says: "actually it just sucks that you stop". Is that close?

Literally translated: 'actually it is just cunt that you stop'.
Which sounds really vulgar, but even members of the cabinet or parliament use it.
And 'klote', comes from 'kloten', which means 'balls', 'testicles'. Also used by everyone.

Everything can be balls. :) Your mood, your day, the weather. And cunt of course.
When you are really disliking it.

Very sad, very sad news, news that affects us all. May your next endeavor be as successful as RPG Watch!

I am still lost for words. I was a Rpgdot lurker back in the day and when I discovered the Watch when the former place went downhill it was one of the greatest days of my gaming career. So many decent, interested and well informed people. Those were rare back then and are even more rare today.

I was with the Codex and NMA for some time, but these places are toxic and alter your state of mind in a very, very disturbing way. That is why this place is so great: We have Mercy and Alrik Fassbauer in the same thread and noone disrespects one or the other. This can't happen on the Codex or NMA at any given time. So sad.

I'd like to thank everyone involved and especially Myrthos for creating something so worthy of praise. Seems that our watch has finally ended...

A random thought: if the RPGWatch survives and moves to somewhere else in another form, make sure the current email of your account here is still valid.

In the most likely scenario, the accounts will be transferred along with the content, and everyone will receive an email to connect to the new site and enter a new password (it's very unlikely that the passwords can be transferred).

A random thought: if the RPGWatch survives and moves to somewhere else in another form, make sure the current email of your account here is still valid.

In the most likely scenario, the accounts will be transferred along with the content, and everyone will receive an email to connect to the new site and enter a new password (it's very unlikely that the passwords can be transferred).

would be great. if cryptos boom, i will make a big donation!

Been here only for few years, but will miss it a lot.
News were presented as I like it. Without too much video and to the point.
Rpgwatchers were mostly mature and had taste in games just as me, so I knew that whatever they liked is something worth playing.
So where now to get good info on games and that it is not some site full of kids that best RPG is GTA 5 or something. :(

Yeah, it's basically the combination of:
PC Focused
RPG Focused
+ some decent etquiquette

If you leave any one of these points, you can find alternatives.

As I said, the DGVSO https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation killed a LOT of forums - and in that, it rather helped te "big boys" out there.

The only other alternative would be to get good folks who are both able and willing to keep the Watch running.

I don't know if I'd volunteer … I hade been a moderator for years (before I came to the Watch) until I burned out on that role myself, and do not wish to do this again.

I could help apart from that, though, if needed.

Yeah, it's basically the combination of:
PC Focused
RPG Focused
+ some decent etquiquette

If you leave any one of these points, you can find alternatives.

that is just it, dont want to leave any of those points.

A Big Thanks for RPGWatch. For everything.

Back those years, I had a slower internet connection and this site has been always super fast and super easy to understand.

While it looks like an isolated case, I'm afraid this isn't. The indie scene has a graceful but unavoidable decline. (I wrote more about this in the Black Geyser thread BTW.)

There might be a new site but it will never be RPGWatch again. Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Centaur;. You meant RPGWatch in your last sentence I guess. I presume you were not able to edit your post, having only two posts. And I am pretty sure you still are not able to do that now. Do you wish me to edit it?

I’m not much of a poster but have lurked on a number of sites including RPGDot and RPGWatch but felt moved to thank Myrthos and the team for their dedication and diligence in bringing us the latest crpg news - RPGWatch has been my go to site for many years. I hope a way to continue the site is found.

AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee!!!!!!!!!!!

(And thank you so much for what you've done here. I completely understand your decision.)

This is so sad. It has been my number one site since 2006 and RPGDot before that. Thank you very much for your dedication and work over all those years Myrthos. You and RPGDot will be missed dearly. :(

@Centaur;. You meant RPGWatch in your last sentence I guess. I presume you were not able to edit your post, having only two posts. And I am pretty sure you still are not able to do that now. Do you wish me to edit it?
Yes please thank you. It was meant to be RPGWatch.

Back
Top Bottom