Kamelåså!!!!
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yesterday, 00:22
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Ehhh right. I THOUGHT Danish was easy, but after reading the comments of you two, @a pibbur and @TomRon
Yes, I have noticed that there is hardly any difference when hearing ‘æble’ and ‘aeblet’, and ‘vand’. and ‘vandet’. They swallow the ‘t’.
In Norwegian we also do not pronounce the terminal 't' in the determined form of neuter nouns like "eplet" (the apple). So you will not hear the difference between the indetermined form "eple" and "eplet". However it's usually evident from the context what we mean: "jeg spiser et eple" (I eat an apple, but not a particular one), "jeg spiser eplet" (I eat the apple (the particular one that the wife saved for lunch)). Usually it's evident. When it''s not - well, languages can be confusing.

….The latter, ‘bogen’, is a bit confusing, because ‘bogen’ looks like our plural ‘boeken’.
When reading a word like ‘kvinden’ I tend to think of ‘women’ (‘vrouwen’) and not ‘the woman’, ‘manden’ I think of ‘men’ (‘mannen’), not of ‘the man’. But I hope that is just a matter of practice, the more I’ll practise the easier it will become.
Been there, done that - yes you will get used to it.

a pibbur who knew about 3 dutch words before this thread. And who wants to be clear that when he considered himself masculine, it was obviously in the grammatical sense

PS. The Norwegian word for "speed" is "fart". Especially americans find that funny. DS.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher
Last edited by a pibbur; Yesterday at 00:35.

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

Yesterday, 05:29
Originally Posted by a pibbur View Post
PS. The Norwegian word for "speed" is "fart". Especially americans find that funny. DS.
I laughed for a good 15 seconds. I'm american.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Duolingo