5:10 - Lost Ark
6:06 - King Arthur: Knight's Tale
6:59 - Salt and Sacrifice
8:03 - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
9:03 - Granblue Fantasy: Relink
10:13 - Hogwarts Legacy
10:59 - Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
More information.

Interesting selection, fingers crossed for 2022 for most though I would think.

No dying light 2 or elex 2 on the list .
Weird.

No dying light 2 or elex 2 on the list .
Weird.

Dying Light 2 is not a RPG and Piranha Bytes’ games can be too clunky for most gamers. Although I still think it deserved a placed in this top.

On a partially unrelated topic to this post. I really do appreciate how you guys put the time stamps and game list on each video link news article. I don’t know if this is something that just comes with the videos or whatever but it’s super nice to see the list without necessarily watching the video itself. Thanks!

BG 3 should be one of the Most Anticipated RPGs of 2023. It's on the wrong list :p

Meh every year I hear it's looking to be a great year for RPGs. Tell ya what half of all RPG games will either be disappointments, or have their release date pushed back to 2023.

Yep I'm including games not on the list also.:p

BG 3 should be one of the Most Anticipated RPGs of 2023. It's on the wrong list :p
My money is on early 2025 since Larian seems to be in no hurry to finish the game. At this point in time it feels like they announced the game to early. Just my opinion.:biggrin:

Last edited:
My own top 10 most anticipated RPGs of (hopefully) 2022:

1. Expeditions: Rome
2. Broken Roads
3. Colony Ship
4. SKALD: Against the Black Priory
5. Zoria: Age of Shattering
6. Prisonscape
7. The Iron Oath
8. Death Trash
9. Sacred Fire
10. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint

Some of these surely won't actually be (fully) release next year, but I'm glad I could even come up with 10 upcoming RPGs I'm quite interested in. Some others I'm following too but their release next year (or at all) is very doubtful.

Also looking forward to the Solasta DLC campaign that's in the works (which rumor has it seems to be of a similar size the main campaign).

It's still a bit early but I suppose it will be soon time to vote here in the Watch. So it's time to prepare ;)

With no particular order,
  • Expeditions: Rome
  • Urban Strife
  • Weird West
  • Broken Roads
  • Starfield
  • Project Haven
  • Baldur's Gate 3 (if …, even though unlikely)
  • Gothic (Remake)
  • Kerbal Space Program 2 (I know… not an RPG I guess :p)

There are a few others but it depends on their pace and how they mature (Colony Ship, Survive the fall, Cyber Knights, Black Geyser, …)

Meh every year I hear it's looking to be a great year for RPGs. Tell ya what half of all RPG games will either be disappointments, or have their release date pushed back to 2023.

Yep I'm including games not on the list also.:p

True, but there are nice surprises too. :)

I think I had more disappointments in big budget games than indies, but maybe I have a selective memory. And it is becoming just a memory, since I'm rarely buying anything else than indies these days, it seems.

I keep forgetting about Broken Roads. That and Monomyth have been flying under the radar.

I don't feel like Gothic Remake is getting released in 2022.

I realized I don't have any games on my radar coming up in 2022/2023 except BG3 and Starfield, at least not any with high interest. My memory not being great I pulled up a list of all RPG's coming out, or may come out, for 2022 ... assuming the site that made the list has a similar idea of what an RPG is ....

So:

Baldur's Gate 3
Waylanders (although this is not high on my list as I own the EA and its so-so)
Starfield (this could be awesome or not ... I love Beth games so hoping its good)

Hmmm ... well at the moment those are the only ones I can find and probably shouldn't even put Waylander on the list. Not sure when War Tales final version will be out. I am sure I am missing some obscure ones .. not sure when Greed will come out either.

I have a few RPGs I'm keeping my eyes on but can't say I'm looking forward to any due to lack of info or too far away from release.

Monster Hunter: Rise will be out on PC in early Jan but I will be using my hubby as a impression tester ;)

I will also wait for Watch and other reviews on Expeditions: Rome since the demo didn't sell it to me.

Others that I'm following news are Hogwarts Legacy & Broken Roads.

I noticed Motisimal Gaming included Waylanders in his most anticipated 2022 games which surprised me. Since this is party based RTwP game, I may keep an eye on it too but set my expectation low.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Steelrising too - is it expected to be out in 2022?

Two rules to remember you can only pick three games each for the RPGWatch GOTY and for most anticipated of 2022. So those are the rules and longer lists will disqualify you.:p

My GOTY Picks

1. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  2. ATOM RPG Trudograd
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
Most anticipated for 2022

1. Elex 2
  2. Starfield
  3. Urban Strife

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Steelrising too - is it expected to be out in 2022?

It should, it's expected in June :)

(at the end of the trailer, as usual)

PS: I think Mortismal Gaming has reached the end of what he could make a video of, and he's slowly getting out of his comfort zone to diversify a little bit. ;)

Back
Top Bottom