VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Announced

I preordered it right away, before it will be Epic store exclusive. :p

We gamers are becoming paranoid with the damn epic menace :lol: But I understand you, I'm also considering making the same in gog asap.....

One thing, it says you I'd get 7 in wallet funds, I thought gog had droped the €/$ parity program.... anybody knows if that program has an ending date? I'd like preorder but until E3 no gameplay.... I wanna be sure the game is like BL1, where you could solve every problem and situation any way you wanted and your skills allowed you to do so...

No preorder from me. I loved the first game back in the day, but I don't want a clone and without input on what's changed (might as well be mmo) I refuse to risk.

Besides it's a year up front, some will die during that time, perhaps me too.

One thing, it says you I'd get 7 in wallet funds, I thought gog had droped the €/$ parity program…. anybody knows if that program has an ending date? I'd like preorder but until E3 no gameplay…. I wanna be sure the game is like BL1, where you could solve every problem and situation any way you wanted and your skills allowed you to do so…

On March 31st GoG will discontinue the Fair Price Package program.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program_9b7f5

It is strange that the wallet fund for the basic version is twice as the blood moon version with the expansion pass!

Despite being a big fan of the original game, I'm not terribly excited about this yet. I had to Google this Hardsuit Labs studio because I've never heard of them. Afaict, it looks like they've only developed two games so far, and neither of them were remotely similar to something like Bloodlines.
They were Zombie Studios and made a lot of games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Studios

Then their owners retired and the employees re-made the company as Builder Box Games, then later renamed to Hardsuit Labs. Still, the list at the above link doesn't look particularly inspiring.

The first game is definitely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and is only one of a handful of games where I thought the writing was excellent. I'm not sure I'm going to pre-order this just yet, due to the lack of information we have thus far. However, if it's only half as good as the first, then I will still consider buying it, if only for the nostalgia.

Oh hell yes. Won't preorder since we have basically no information, but just the fact that one of my favourite games ever is actually getting a sequel is enough for me to start getting a little hyped.

I could, but KS projects and preorders weren't without absolutely any details.
And not a single KS ever (at least I don't remember) claimed it's some bullshit.
Lookey here though:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...lines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim

That article indeed contains some information that doesnt have positive vibe to me.

Things like this:

You won't choose your clan at the very beginning - that comes later, as will details of what exactly those clans will be, and how many of them to expect - but instead are offered the choice between three starting abilities.

or this

We have to update the tone, we're not going to make a 2004 game in 2019, we're going to approach subjects a little differently and with a lot more research and respect than was done back then.

Definitely waiting for final thing here.

No preorder from me. I loved the first game back in the day, but I don't want a clone and without input on what's changed (might as well be mmo) I refuse to risk.

Besides it's a year up front, some will die during that time, perhaps me too.

It's single player only joxer, not a single mention of multiplayer anywhere on the pre-order pages.

According to journalists (they saw the first 30 minutes of the game), they updated the gameplay to what the genre (immersive sim RPG) evolved into. It apparently looks a lot like Dishonored combat-wise. You can scale walls, if I understand that 15 meter wall = not a problem thing. Oh and turn into a smoke cloud to go through vents…or fly away via turning into bats.

Also, playing a Thin Blood is different than playing a clan vampire from the start. Thin Blood don't have fixed disciplines like clans do. They can learn weird abilities clans don't have access to or get abilities from drinking the blood of older more powerful vampires (probably what happens in the tutorial, because you get to try 3 different abilities before keeping just one, two of those are the smoke and bat thing, the 3rd is telekinesis in the demo the press saw).

I need to go read more about the storyline "paths". I get the impression that joining a clan will affect the quests you get, or at least the objectives in quests.

Has anyone checked the stuff coming with the different editions?

Soundtrack in the standard edition, nice.

The unsanctioned version has among other things:
- Jeannette's outfit (based on this).
- severed arm weapon skin (eurks)
- a table, a portrait and a stop sign…(the game is going to have housing customization???)

Will become Epic exclusive month before release … hope not.

That would require Paradox to change their stores and account systems which are linked to Steam.

Last edited:
Following this with optimist skepticism. This is the kind of thing that will very easily disappoint. Hope it won't.

I'm calling this excellent news right now, but also trying to keep my expectations in check. One thing is for certain, I'm planning a full dive back into the original game later this year, maybe around autumn!!!

They spelled "focused" wrong.

Back
Top Bottom