Hero-U - Now @Steam Greenlight - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hero-U - Now @Steam Greenlight

Default Hero-U - Now @Steam Greenlight

May 25th, 2015, 18:48
The Quest for Glory inspired Hero-U is on Steam Greenlight now. Here's the description:

Hero-U is both like and unlike Quest for Glory. If anything, the story is richer because we have had more time to craft it and no restrictions on memory. There is more conversation.

The new game is less puzzle-intensive than old Sierra games. You can get through Hero-U without very many head-scratching moments… but you will want to play again to experience a different path through the game and do some of the "quests" you bypassed the first time.

Combat also has a different feel. In Quest for Glory, it was real-time, so you didn't have much opportunity to use tactics. Combat in Hero-U is turn-based, and Shawn has a variety of tricks and traps to help him win.

We've also cut down on deaths - loss in combat results in a trip to the infirmary and some wasted game time, but not a "restore game". Time is an important resource in Hero-U, so it will still be a fate you will try to avoid.
Current Kickstarter status is 61.5k out of 100k with 24 days to go.

More information.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 25th, 2015, 18:48
voted.

Sacred_Path

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

May 25th, 2015, 21:57
I will definitely vote for this once Greenlight comes up again. This is probably the Kickstarter game I feel most passionate about.

Kay

KayAU

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 25th, 2015, 22:00
Originally Posted by KayAU View Post
I will definitely vote for this once Greenlight comes up again. This is probably the Kickstarter game I feel most passionate about.

Kay
What do you mean "comes up again"? You can go there anytime through the Community menu.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 26th, 2015, 06:15
There were server issues last night. I could get the Greenlight front page, and I could click on the games there, but everything else was non-responsive. I tried both through the client and my web browser.

It is back up again now, so I have voted.

Kay

KayAU

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hero-U - Now @Steam Greenlight