Minimal Affect - Comedy Space ARPG Announced - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Minimal Affect - Comedy Space ARPG Announced

Default Minimal Affect - Comedy Space ARPG Announced

April 24th, 2020, 02:54
@Finger Guns A comedy space action RPG called Minimal Affect is styling itself on Mass Effect.

Alright reader. Keep calm. You're going to be reading 'Affect' here rather than 'Effect' quite a few times and it's going to upset your brain. It's part of the joke. See? Like Mass Effect but not? Anyway. We can get though this Minimal Affect news piece together. Let's do it.

A comical sci-fi action RPG packed with heroics and humor developed by Toadman Studios, Minimal Affect is coming to most major consoles and Windows PC in 2021. Sold Out are on publishing duty. Both developers are part of the Enad Global 7 group (or EG7 to its friends). The announcement of Minimal Affect comes coupled with this beauty of a trailer for your peepers;

loading…

[…]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 03:33
This looks great. Just great. I will spent my hard earned dollars on this fine, fine product.

mat9813004

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 04:16
I enjoy games which have plenty of comedy, but only if it's within the context of an immersive story such as a good RPG. If the story is about people doing very unrealistic or unbelievable (or unbelievable stupid) things to get a laugh, then I almost certainly would have no interest.

But even if the presentation is campy and silly as in this trailer, if the story is immersive and if the comedy is funny (not to mention the gameplay being fun, of course) then I could enjoy it.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 09:44
I hope it will be funny just enough. Cause if they will make it too much of a comedy instead of game they will easy pass the point when it will be funny no more.

Radorin

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 17:01
Not my kind of humor or art style, but if you want to live in the world of Futurama, this seems to be your game.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 18:44
Wow, that looks seriously unfunny to me. My guess is the gameplay won't be great either… too often "funny" games rely on the humour to cover over light and/or poor gameplay. I could be wrong though.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 19:09
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
too often "funny" games rely on the humour to cover over light and/or poor gameplay.
I could say the opposite, too … Grim looking games trying to cover poor gameplay with their look …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

April 24th, 2020, 21:29
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I could say the opposite, too Grim looking games trying to cover poor gameplay with their look
Maybe, but that's something I've not noticed, while I seem to have noticed it on occasion with "funny" games. Maybe I'm just old and crotchety.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

April 24th, 2020, 22:08
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I could say the opposite, too Grim looking games trying to cover poor gameplay with their look
I have to agree with you here. Slapping better graphics on the same game doesn't make it a great game.
---

I have to point to West of Loathing as one of the funnest rpg's I've ever played and its a side scroller filled with stick figures.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 25th, 2020, 00:18
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
I have to point to West of Loathing as one of the funnest rpg's I've ever played and its a side scroller filled with stick figures.
Actually, that is a great example of a game that's genuinely funny and has pretty good gameplay too.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

April 25th, 2020, 00:19
Always did mean to try West of Loathing, must remember to pick that up some time!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 20:24
But….why? Like if you were parodying RPG’s as a whole, ok. But it seems to be a direct parody of just the Mass Effect Trilogy. I’m not sure that warrants an entire video game as opposed to like…a three minute YouTube animation.

TheSnarkyShaman

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Minimal Affect - Comedy Space ARPG Announced