Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day

Default Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day

May 27th, 2020, 03:24
So BlueSalamander….will any of the changes from the campaign make it to the first game we get when this is over?

Any chance of getting a preview copy to review for the watch hahaha I haven't done a review in ages…
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 10:48
Will the new modules allow the user to import the party from the previous game? I miss that from the goldbox trilogies!

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 10:50
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
You get the main game right away….the other ones will come later.
Ah OK, that makes sense - looking forward to the relase of KOTC2!

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 11:41
Usually I'd back a game with gameplay like this automatically, even if I think I might not ever end up playing it - just to support the concept. But I can't support an RPG with icon graphics. Maybe after it hits that stretch goal…if it does.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

May 27th, 2020, 13:30
At this stage I am thinking I will go Paladin + KOTC 1 steam addon. Then I will pick up the additional packs later when they come available. I don't think I can justify 100+ (local currency) with no physical rewards included but I still want to support this for sure!
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

May 27th, 2020, 18:40
I have no nostalgia for Ultima 7 so the art style is very off putting for me.

Since they do mention that they are going to leave it to the fans, let's hope there's some improvement. If so I might buy the thing.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 28th, 2020, 21:36
So BlueSalamander….will any of the changes from the campaign make it to the first game we get when this is over?
Hello rune_74! Yes, the first game will be improved. I can't say when the improvements will appear, but they will.
a preview copy to review for the watch
You mean before the end of the KS? Ah, but we need to preserve some of the game's aura of mystery!! :-)
Will the new modules allow the user to import the party from the previous game? I miss that from the goldbox trilogies!
Yes, your party from The Dark Arena will be able to move on to the second module and then to the third one.
Usually I'd back a game with gameplay like this automatically, even if I think I might not ever end up playing it - just to support the concept. But I can't support an RPG with icon graphics. Maybe after it hits that stretch goal…if it does.
We will definitely add new sprites to the game and players will have the option to display creatures with the sprites or with the tokens. :-)
I still want to support this for sure!
Thank you for your support bjon045!!
I have no nostalgia for Ultima 7 so the art style is very off putting for me.
No worries, we will add sprites and improve the graphics!

Thank you everyone for supporting KotC 2!!

BlueSalamander

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 29th, 2020, 03:26
So the first stretch goal has been reached and about halfway to the second one. Thats fairly impressive, I was quite hopeful but still slightly worried at first.

Glad to see things are going well. It's still a bit of a way to my Treant companion, but hopefully the campaign makes it there .
--
Steam: Galaad97

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Galaad

May 29th, 2020, 07:50
Originally Posted by BlueSalamander View Post
We will definitely add new sprites to the game and players will have the option to display creatures with the sprites or with the tokens. :-)
Isn't it just a stretch goal, though? What if it isn't reached? Is it something you're going to be doing later down the line either way?

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 1st, 2020, 03:23
My understanding is that a certain amount of sprites will be made for the game no matter what happens.

That line is taken from the KS page:
We will definitely get new sprites for KotC 2 after the campaign!
My guess would be that the level of backing will influence how fast these sprites are made available in game/editor. The amount, variety level of animation and quality of those will likely be influenced as well.

On a side note the second stretch goal has been reached and the third one is well underway.

If I had any ''complaint'' (if it can be called that) to do it would be that there's so much information packed on the KS page that its a little easy to miss some information here and there.

Mind you I wouldn't do any better I'm sure and I understand wanting to make sure nothing is missing as well.
--

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 2nd, 2020, 22:16
Isn't it just a stretch goal, though? What if it isn't reached? Is it something you're going to be doing later down the line either way?
We'll add new sprites regardless of the final amount raised, considering there is huge demand for them.

My guess would be that the level of backing will influence how fast these sprites are made available in game/editor. The amount, variety level of animation and quality of those will likely be influenced as well.
Yes, exactly. We will do what we can with the Kickstarter budget. Should be enough to get nice sprites already, anyway.

Thank you for the feedback Galaad! :-)

BlueSalamander

Watcher

June 3rd, 2020, 03:10
Great, thanks for the answers. I think I'll like the tiles well enough anyway so I look forward to trying them out… but I know for sure I like the sprites!
--

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 3rd, 2020, 09:03
Is anyone doing the puzzles Bluesalamander is putting on Twitter? There's a prize I believe for the first person to get them all. I did the first few but I haven't kept up recently.

This is the latest if you're interested:
https://mobile.twitter.com/HeroicFan…56129482203137

Pongo

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

June 3rd, 2020, 20:37
A combat video has been released as part of the campaign:
loading…

It looks awesome!

Pongo

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

June 5th, 2020, 10:12
Yeah, it's looking alright but how do you tell which direction they're facing if you want to do a backstab or something?

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

June 5th, 2020, 14:08
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Yeah, it's looking alright but how do you tell which direction they're facing if you want to do a backstab or something?
This is my understanding: In OGL 3.5 backstab is just a feat that add a d6 to sneak attack damage. Sneak attack applies when the enemy can't defend themselves or they are flanked. You would know they are flanked based on the direction the first attacker attacked from.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Flanking
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

June 6th, 2020, 01:18
Facing is not taken into account in the 3.5 ruleset, only the position of creatures.

As long as you have two characters standing on squares adjacent to the opponent and threatening the opponent from opposite directions, then you're flanking the enemy.

You can see an example of Flanking in the KotC 2 Bull Rush Tactics video:

loading…

BlueSalamander

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day