Two Worlds - Temptation Tidbits @ RPG Codex

Dhruin

SasqWatch
RPG Codex has a few tidbits about the Two Worlds followup, Temptation, via Polish magazine CD Action. Apparently Temptation will be standalone and feature improved combat:
Here's a summary: you won't need the main game to play. The single player campaign continues the story of TW's hero and his sister; we'll again try to save her from a curse and stop the Taint, a horrible magical evil, from deforming the whole world. Bleh. The campaign will take part on a new, huge continent, at least partially inspired by the Arab culture (while the cities will have something in common with Assassin's Creed).

The combat system will be a bit more developed, requiring more player input - there'll be two strike modes and active blocking. 14 new creatures will be introduced (gargoyles, baboons, mysterious tripods (?)...). The graphical engine will be revamped, together with the physics system, which will now enable you to pick up ladders and use them in various places. (Innovation!) You'll also be able to sail the seas surrounding Antaloor in a boat.
More information.

Here's a summary: you won't need the main game to play. The single player campaign continues the story of TW's hero and his sister; we'll again try to save her from a curse and stop the Taint, a horrible magical evil, from deforming the whole world.

Is this sarcasm or did they really use the same plot again? Save sister -scheme is like the oldest trick in the book and they allready used it.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting - so long as it is at least as good as the original I'll be happy enough to buy ...

Is this sarcasm or did they really use the same plot again? Save sister -scheme is like the oldest trick in the book and they allready used it.
Well, CD Action said it'll be "save your sister from a curse (or perhaps a blessing...)". I omitted the "blessing" part in my newpost.

Sounds interesting - so long as it is at least as good as the original I'll be happy enough to buy ...

You actually liked the first game? I forced myself to beat it just to validate the money I wasted.

At best, it was a half-arsed Diablo clone done in last generation 3D.

At worst, it was Dungeon Lords revisited.

Though I remember saying you liked that game too, Mike.

You actually liked the first game?

I thought it was 'OK' and didn't feel I wasted my money, but definitely cautioned others about the issues - there clearly were issues.

Dungeon Lords I always say I liked more than it deserved, but with Two Worlds I thought it was average, but good for some fun.

I liked it quite a bit, only the balance issues, lifeless factions/npcs and silly main quest bothered me - not because they were poorly done, but because we were promised something much deeper.

If they put a little more effort into npcs, factions and story this time (with most of the balancing issues already fixed), this addon might just turn out to be a great game.

I'll be getting this. The first one did enough to get me to buy the sequel. These days, I'll take a good RPG (as opposed to a great one ) over having nothing worthwhile to play!!

Back
Top Bottom