The Surge - Video Interview (German)

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a German video interview we get more information about Deck 13's The Surge. The game for which they could not show much more than a single screenshot, with an equal amount of info at Gamescom.

If there are any German speaking watchers who can give the run-down on what is said, don't hesitate to do so.

Thanks Eye.

More information.

I'm not a native speaker, but do live in Austria and speak German everyday.

To sum it up:
*The new game will include many game mechanics (especially combat) from Lords of the Fallen.
* However it takes place about 50-60 year in the future in a "dark cyberpunk" universe.
*The main character is equipped with an exoskeleton. He will do lots of fighting in melee.
*The main character can strip technology from fallen opponents to modify and improve his exoskeleton.

Hi,

I am a native speaker, however, forgottenlor already summed up the most important pieces, nevertheless:

- focus still on tactical melee action, duels
- going for future perspective, like edge of tomorrow
- basic idea is to look forward what will happen in the future, like KI etc. (Shadowrun-like)
- protagonist will have exoskeleton
- you can dismember enemies and can reuse the dismembered equipment
- they try to stay at the small focus/core at the game because budget is not that big
- they are still deciding what will be in the final game or not, feature wise, chopping of body parts will be definitely in the game
- they are atm. implementing the first boss
- end of the year they will start to craft a "show-off" that they will present early next year including screenshots and a maybe a small video

Be grateful that you do not understand it - the guy in the green shirt is a real headache.

Thanks to you both for providing this feedback. I appreciate that.

Be grateful that you do not understand it - the guy in the green shirt is a real headache.
Some people try to be funnier than they are. I just stepped through the interview and I do understand German (but lacked the time to write a summary) and I also found the guy to be over the top.

Those two pictures look like really nice Art Direction targets, photoshopped and maybe with good 3D details added for immersion. Not realtime in-engine stuff.

I think Focus are trying to make budget games. Its a strategy that some of the smaller publishers go for. They try to produce a number of low budget games and hope one of them turns out to hit the right note with a niche audience. Invest less=smaller consequences for a failure=less sales needed for a profit. I'm not sure how successful it is though.

Back
Top Bottom