Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours

I get your point of view but like Morrandir, I usually expect 1 hour for $1-$1.5 AUD. Greedfall cost $70 AUD, so 30-45 hours is tad bit short for my liking.
I do too, but I tend to replay medium sized games that have a lot of choices/customization options, which means I easily get a lot of bang for my bucks in such games.

It's much easier for me to replay PST, Mass Effect or KotOR than Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Especially the latter. I'd love to replay it, but 200 hours is just too much.

I do too, but I tend to replay medium sized games that have a lot of choices/customization options, which means I easily get a lot of bang for my bucks in such games.

It's much easier for me to replay PST, Mass Effect or KotOR than Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Especially the latter. I'd love to replay it, but 200 hours is just too much.

That's a good way to look at it although I generally don't replay shorter games as I tend to experience most of the content in a single playthrough (end up replaying longer games multiple times instead) - I guess everyone is different :)

You can always review it for us. I'm sure I can arrange a key for you :)

Oohhh…. tempting offer!! Unless there are other takers?

Edit: Unless you were talking to Maylander? Got ahead of myself :blush:

No, I was talking to you.

You all must have much more time on your hands than me, 40 hours sounds about perfect. A 40 hour game usually takes me 60-80 hours anyway.
No, I'm just very selective and don't do replays. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games, but enough time for long games that suit me.

I'll start playing again in a month with Greedfall, followed by The Outer Worlds in October and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November.

No, I'm just very selective. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games.

Yeah, same here. I'm not so keen on gaming that average games have value to me - if it's not the good stuff, I'd rather just do something else.

No, I'm just very selective and don't do replays. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games, but enough time for long games that suit me.

I'll start playing again in a month with Greedfall, followed by The Outer Worlds in October and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November.

Implying that you know for a fact that the games you mention wont be mediocre?

Was your last quest reward a magical crystal ball?

I couldn't get more than 3 hours into Mars Wars. It seemed to tired, predictable and average. Reliant from the get go on copy / paste. I hope Greedfall delivers I'll be keeping an eye on it but call me wary.

I couldn't get more than 3 hours into Mars Wars. It seemed to tired, predictable and average. Reliant from the get go on copy / paste. I hope Greedfall delivers I'll be keeping an eye on it but call me wary.

It doesn't sound like you gave War Logs much of a chance. It's a good game imo, but I think how much you like the setting plays a big role in your enjoyment of the game. Personally, I thought the blend of Sci-Fi and cyberpunk was pretty fresh.

Implying that you know for a fact that the games you mention wont be mediocre?

Was your last quest reward a magical crystal ball?
Good question.

I quite deeply research games before buying them, especially when they're from an unknown dev. Also there are some obvious no-goes like Anime, Manga, or cartoons visuals which I just can't enjoy.
This works pretty well I think.

In fact I'm tracking games in development including writing down an expected score. After playing I give it a score. I've been doing this for 7-8 years for 50 games.
Only twice my expectation way too high (Dragon's Dogma and Ember) and I actually stopped playing. Otherwise I was quite close and enjoyed the games.

I'm aware that I could miss out games if I underestimate them, but that's difficult too evaluate. I just try to stay open-minded and also try games that aren't expected to offer everything I usually need to consider it a good game. (For example despite usually playing RPGs and TBS only I tried Spellforce 3 which is a RTS/RPG hybrid and I really liked it.)

Back
Top Bottom