City versus country

Yeah, I like to be clear on that :)

They have no debt in the house - so it's a million in the pocket or nothing. But who knows. You have to be prepared to walk away when you approach deals like this, and I am.

Still, I'd like this house.

They ask a million dollars for that? With a roof that needs replacing? Or Danish Krone.

They ask a million dollars for that? With a roof that needs replacing? Or Danish Krone.

The asking price is 1.2 million "danish kroner" :)

But they've already conceded that there's a septic tank upgrade that needs to happen, which is around 80.000 "danish kroner" - and I've told them I'll take care of it, if they go along with the 1 million.

That's 134 000 euro which is the other side of the spectrum. Way too cheap :) In Belgium it's generally 200k for a small apartment to 400k for a family house with a big garden, depending on the location of course.

That's 134 000 euro which is the other side of the spectrum. Way too cheap :) In Belgium it's generally 200k for a small apartment to 400k for a family house with a big garden, depending on the location of course.

This is all about location. It's around 1 hour from Copenhagen - which is the number one factor.

So.... Seller wanted 1.1 million - but then he would take care of the sewage thing.

I told him that I would look elsewhere in that case.

Oh well.

Well, I decided to be less hard-ass and offered 1.075 million and he accepted :)

It's pretty much going to be the same as if I paid 1 million, because the sewage thing will cost at least 50 thousand.

So, now it's time to finalize things with the bank.

Congratulations! I hope the bank won’t turn out to be an obstacle and that you’ll have lots of happy times in your new home, soon. :)

Congratulations! I hope the bank won’t turn out to be an obstacle and that you’ll have lots of happy times in your new home, soon. :)

I hope so too ;)

Thank you!

I can certainly feel that I need to move on in this way - as I've been a little stuck without a place to call my own.

Well, good luck, and I hope it works out. I found buying a home to be an immensely tiresome process, and one time the sellers pulled out the week before we were due to complete the exchange. But, in the end, I think a place of my own was very good for me.

Well, good luck, and I hope it works out. I found buying a home to be an immensely tiresome process, and one time the sellers pulled out the week before we were due to complete the exchange. But, in the end, I think a place of my own was very good for me.

It's definitely not my favorite thing in the world :) That's why I'm trying to get it over with ASAP ;)

Of course, that's not how you're supposed to do it - but I find I'm left with little choice if I'm to stay reasonably sane.

Meeting at the bank this thursday :)

Anyway, I think it's time for me to focus on other things - so I'll ask Myrthos to delete my profile (again) - and here's hoping I can manage to stay away.

I hope you all have fun doing whatever you prefer to do ;)

Damn you, Darth!! You did it again :p :p :p

Just kidding, I wish you all the luck. :)

Another turn of the wheel? ;)

But yes, good luck with the house, the game, and what else comes up.

Anyway, I think it's time for me to focus on other things - so I'll ask Myrthos to delete my profile (again) - and here's hoping I can manage to stay away.

I hope you all have fun doing whatever you prefer to do ;)

OMG, dart. You don't have to delete your account because someone called you a republican and you embarrassed yourself saying you like to antagonize people. You donated for a bigger picture and everything! Just don't post for a week or two until you get over it. Why over-react and scream at the sky? You damn liberals and your mental health issues!

It wasn't the bed wetting comment, was it? I didn't know you still had trouble with bed wetting! Honest! I'm sure a lot of people in the 40s still wet the bed. Nothing to be ashamed of. :p

I guess you had a hard time with Anthem being shit, too? Don't worry about it! Anthem is so last week!

Now who's going to make a Division 2 thread?!

Guess I should update this :)

Still working on my Privateer/Diablo game. It's going slow. Took an extended break for all the practical shit involved with moving and such.

Recently got back into it, though - and I still plan to fucking do this.

Another challenge has been the job, where I'm in a much better position. My boss has more or less given me free reign - and I struggle to find anything to bitch about, except that my paycheck should be quite a bit higher, objectively speaking.

Anyway, about my game - I abandoned my old inventory/bartering code and started with something simpler, and I'm getting close to the first iteration.

Current features include a solar system you can explore, planets/locations you can land on, enemies that will chase you, ships you can fly and switch between, a very early inventory/equipment interface, music, and a few more things.

Still very, very early - but the plan is still to have something for release or EA by summer 2021. Given that my new house is significantly more expensive than originally planned, I've had to postpone my grand plan - and I have to wait longer before I can sustain a living through my savings.

And here I thought you're developing Destiny 3.
Well, pardon my ignorance.

Welcome back DArt!

Back
Top Bottom