No Man's Sky - Beyond

Seems like there were other events that would cause a save, too. Buying/selling at a store, maybe?

No. Trading won't do.

It's what JDR said. Before you get a blueprint for a craftable and portable save anywhere gadget the game gets saved only when you exit your vessel (autosave, doesn't work if it happens on a frighter or a frigate!) or if you mark an unknown point of interest on a specific "machinery" (manual save, piss the tree to mark a territory as if you were a dog horrible design) on a planet.

In other words, earlygame is outdated consoley checkpoints avoidware, then you get a gadget that improves game saving system to modern PC musthave.

Patch notes are up - this one has a bunch of pictures and animated gifs!
https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

PC Gamer coverage: https://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-inventory-slot-capacity-gets-a-slight-bump-from-250-to-uh-10000/

Seems like I've gotten 3 games for the money I originally paid.

The list of additions sounds impressive. I'd like to give it another spin someday as I wasn't even close to finishing it, but finding the time will be difficult given how long the game is and my backlog.

I'm not sure what "finished" is in that game. Getting to the center?

Getting to the center was possible since the 2016 launch.

The game really changed from a very console oriented mess to a more robust experience with much more possibilities and content. The VR really adds a lot, I am having a total blast with it

I'm not sure what "finished" is in that game. Getting to the center?
That's "finished", yes. Not finished as you still continue with the game past that.

About the update… It's less exciting than I hoped.
It's mmocentric (some will care, I can't care less), adds VR support for 2 players that have the helmets and introduces another Sims fetaure noone really asked for: animal (alien) farms with cooking.
The only change I love is mats cap (previously 250/500 now 10K), but that's just one thing sadly.

What should have been changed IMO are a few things:
- two pages of inventory and two of the suit reworked into one page for each
- ships/multitools not generated as a slot machine but better ones offered based on the player's progression
- not repeating words the player already found while learning alien languages
- same goes for blueprints, learned ones shouldn't repeat over and over
- frigate repairing less annoying with frigates bringing something worth your time spent with those instead of rubbish

Still, it's nice to see a game that didn't deliver on it's release gets this scale of support by developers who don't nicle&dime it like EA would do through paid DLC. Especially when Star Citizen is still stalling with it's release.

I won't be returning to the game, thus I have no idea if everything I've numbered in NMS Next tips thread still work.

Well the other guy and me are having a blast with our helmets.
I play SP so I don't know too much how that MP plays and don't care for that really.

Inventory in VR is very neat and feels less cumbersome than it was with KM. You see what happens around you for example. Don't know how that works now in normal mode.
I have no repeated words for the moment, note than now you can choose the "semantic fields" of the word you want, for example "blank' for grammatical, "technical,"trade" etc.. You don't pay anymore.
Blueprints go through a classic 4X tree: you get points through the usual machine. You select what you want to unlock in the knowledge trees (Technic / structure) if you have reached the node of the tree and if you have the points.

I have skimmed through your notes, they are very thorough for a MMO hater. The main quests are till here, but seems a bit changed, I am not really sure. It's maybe my memory being a bit fuzzy. Artemis is still there though, somewhere. Or not.

But really the VR is astounding, I have spent more time in the first planet than I spent usually in one specific System before. Some creatures / plants are Huge and you have to crane your neck when you are near them. It's quite interesting, notably, when something you thought was a plant is actually a very mobile animal.

I do scan now.
Oh, that too has changed a lot. In VR it's a nice and very integrated thing but even without that you can scan birds and flying stuff without getting actually mad.

Dogfighting in VR is quite something. In my first combat against no less than 3 guys with my rookie ship I did so much turns, flips, loopings and so on than I managed to get myself sick and nauseous. My first in VR.
Now I have learned to be more soft and precise even if less spectacular: I win and I am not sick. A win win situation.

Looks like they bit off a bit more than they could chew: widespread reports of bugs (plus some folks griping about how they can't run Vulkan engines). On the plus side, patches are showing up very quickly.

They do patches up to 2 by day since the launch but in truth apart for a weird issue in the Anomaly I did not experience any issue.

Vulkan issues I have seen came either from AMD or people using Windows drivers instead of Nvidia.

I have skimmed through your notes, they are very thorough for a MMO hater.
I do tend to nitpick before I post hints on any game. ;)
Besides NMS is not the a classic mmo rubbish:
- you may disable other people ruining your game in options (I did that)
- no raids or cheaper than code AI coop whatnot you need other players for
- no subscription in a full priced game
- no lootboxes

I do tend to nitpick before I post hints on any game. ;)
Besides NMS is not the a classic mmo rubbish:
- you may disable other people ruining your game in options (I did that)
- no raids or cheaper than code AI coop whatnot you need other players for
- no subscription in a full priced game
- no lootboxes

Yes, sorry, I joked. I took great pleasure in reading them and learned few things or more.

The frame of the general quests are here but they changed different elements to adapt to the new Anomaly.
I also get the the impression than they made things a bit less grindy related to some requirements (notably Antimatter).

I am not too much in base building as I prefer the exploration side. But I may try the underwater base construction however, I like the idea.

Back
Top Bottom