Hearts of Iron 2 $4.49 on GamersGate

I suggest merging this and similar threads with the "Pricewatch" ?

Well it's from Paradox, and I *LOVE* Paradox games. Totally obsessed right now with Europa Universalis 3 (been since I started playing it in November, yes, that's 6 months of playing the freaking game almost every day). So, I would bet it's a great game.
Having said that, there is a Hearts of Iron 3 now, and if it's like the other strategy games from Paradox, each new iteration is usually an improvement on the previous ones, so there really isn't much point in buying the previous version. In the same site you linked, HoI3 is $6 so you might prefer that one instead. But again, that's just if HoI follows the same pattern of Europa Universalis.

Well it's from Paradox, and I *LOVE* Paradox games. Totally obsessed right now with Europa Universalis 3 (been since I started playing it in November, yes, that's 6 months of playing the freaking game almost every day). So, I would bet it's a great game.
Having said that, there is a Hearts of Iron 3 now, and if it's like the other strategy games from Paradox, each new iteration is usually an improvement on the previous ones, so there really isn't much point in buying the previous version. In the same site you linked, HoI3 is $6 so you might prefer that one instead. But again, that's just if HoI follows the same pattern of Europa Universalis.

Never played HOI 3 myself, but if I what I hear is true, you're recommended to grab the expansion "Semper Fi" as well if you're interested. Supposedly polishes up the game(play) tremendously.
Also, they're currently working on a second expansion for the game, called "For the Motherland".

Anyway, I'm debating getting this myself but… I barely have time to play the games I already *do* own… :(

I would personally suggest looking into the newer fan versions of the game they have on GG. Increased resolution, more features, etc.

Back
Top Bottom