Stray Gods - Musical RPG By Summerfall Studios

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamingbolt reports that musical RPG Stray Gods will be coming soon. Apparently this is the RPG that David Gaider has been working on.

Summerfall Studios is a venture founded by David Gaider (lead writer on Dragon Age) in 2019, and the studio has finally unveiled the curtains on its upcoming game Stray Gods (formerly known as Chorus). Check out the teaser trailer down below.

Taking place in what the developers call a "modern fantasy world", Stray Gods puts players into the shoes of Grace as she embarks on a quest to unravel the mystery of the death of the Last Muse. The premise of juxtaposing Greek Gods against a modern setting certainly sounds intriguing, and the hand-drawn art style also looks fabulous in a similar vein.

[...]

More information.

Now this is something one doesn't see often … ( I mean the setting. )

Well, yes yes you have seen this. It would be nice if they got Neil Gaiman to do some of the writing. Really an American Gods RPG would be something I would get excited about.

Well, yes yes you have seen this.
Yes and no. Sounds a bit different to me. This sounds more like the tradional style greek gods and not the Neil Gaiman flavour gods we got in his book. It's not exactly a premise he created either - there have been about 5 movies and numerous books all doing the same thing. It's only natural given they are supposed to be immortal beings.

Man, American Gods would lend itself well to a video game, assuming it was done by people that stick closely to the source material. More likely an independent bunch, that can take some risks and reap big rewards.

Back
Top Bottom