What games are you playing now?

In the mean time we'll have Eden Ring, and it will be possible to go into that knowing practically nothing if one avoids watching/reading about it. I'm looking forward to that very much.

Indeed. Starting with Bloodborne I've become a huge fan of From Software. Sekiro is also in a similar league. Even harder than the Souls/Borne games, but cool in its own right. I'm definetely excited for Elden Ring. I hope they really nail the mythology and lore.

Reached the orc campaign DLC in Sanctus Reach. Yaaay! Best about the orcs is they are warp-touched and - at least in the first story-fight - I couldn't buy troops. Instead any control points taken gives you new troops! WAAAAGGH!!!

Yesterday I did the first three battle in Fell Seal, and so far it's a lot of joy. Yes, this game is much like FF:T and Ogre Battles, and that's a good thing. I can see that I'll likely pass quite a bit of time figuring out which classes suit me the best, I'll likely knock out a few more battles today.

I am absolutely sure a pure magic party would be best for you ;)

Perish that thought! I did whip two characters through the wizard class simply to unlock the Fell Blade one, now I'm rocking one archer and five melee types! I'm really liking this game, I hope in the future to see some expansions and other forms of additional content, I know there's one already yet I'm greedy and hoping for more.

Slowly getting back into Divinity: OS.

I'm also messing around with the original Mafia. It's not as good as I remember. The controls are somewhat clunky compared to modern shooters, and the driving sections in particular are quite frustrating to me. Not sure how long I'll keep with it.

I just started playing Disco Elysium for the first time. The start is very promising.

I love the internal dialogue and the plentiful skill checks. It seems like the experience could be quite different with different characters as well.

It seems like an adventure/rpg hybrid, which is fine to me. BTW why are adventure games called adventure games? Seems they are rarely very adventurous compared to many other genres.

Slowly getting back into Divinity: OS.

I'm also messing around with the original Mafia. It's not as good as I remember. The controls are somewhat clunky compared to modern shooters, and the driving sections in particular are quite frustrating to me. Not sure how long I'll keep with it.

I had a good time with it, but it was Mafia II (the original, not the Definitive Edition). I preferred L.A. Noire though.

It seems like an adventure/rpg hybrid, which is fine to me. BTW why are adventure games called adventure games? Seems they are rarely very adventurous compared to many other genres.

Many of the genre names are too generic, and apply to so many things that it's useless to use them. And you end up needing to explain what exactly makes something, something. I kind of have the same problem even with stuff like rpgs, which you'd think should be quite obvious what is and what isn't. But technically, almost every game is a role-playing game. You role-play as something in the game, regardless of the mechanics and implementation of it. When you're playing a plane simulator, you're roleplaying (or could roleplay) as a pilot. That's enough offtopic from me.

As for playing stuff, haven't touched a game in a week, I think. I'm taking a break.

Anyone have any beginner's tips for Disco Elysium?

I have also just started playing, but I feell ike it's a game you just need to roll with - even bad decisions can open up paths.
So just go with the flow and resist the urge to quicksave/load every conversation.

As a starting character I would suggest at least 2 points in each Endurance and Volition otherwise you can be one-shot killed in the starting scene :D

I have also just started playing, but I feell ike it's a game you just need to roll with - even bad decisions can open up paths.

So just go with the flow and resist the urge to quicksave/load every conversation.

As a starting character I would suggest at least 2 points in each Endurance and Volition otherwise you can be one-shot killed in the starting scene :D

I had no idea I could die in the opening scene. I'm already past it and am supposed to go look at the body. No time to game today (today is family day :) ), but tomorrow I hope to get a little bit further.

I'm still romping around Fell Seal, beefing up my squad and exploring some of the classes that are opening up for me, now. This game is hard and solid, right up my alley, and a pure joy to play every time I start it up!! Really, if a person ever enjoyed games like Ogre Battles or Final Fantasy: Tactics, you should give this one a go. I sponsored it via kick starter some time ago, and as my way is to wait until games are fully done before venturing in, so I'm only now getting around to playing this. It is a masterpiece, although I doubt I'm even close to the conclusion.

I had a good time with it, but it was Mafia II (the original, not the Definitive Edition). I preferred L.A. Noire though.

I haven't tried Mafia II yet, but most fans of the series seem to claim Mafia > Mafia II > Mafia III.

I should propbably check out L.A. Noire sometime. I think I dismissed it because it's from Rockstar Games who I'm not a fan of.

I should propbably check out L.A. Noire sometime. I think I dismissed it because it's from Rockstar Games who I'm not a fan of.

I think you're safe there. I think I remember that Rockstar only published it. Just checked and indeed, Team Bondi developed it. I only played it for a bit, and found it pretty nice. I found it quite different to the GTA games.

I think you're safe there. I think I remember that Rockstar only published it. Just checked and indeed, Team Bondi developed it.

Not sure if that's any better. It seems that's the only game they made before going out of business. :lol:

Maybe I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.

Anyone have any beginner's tips for Disco Elysium?

Just play it the way you like. I strongly recommend against looking for or taking any advice on the 'best" way to handle scenes or anything like that.

I will say that I've heard some people run out of money. I didn't, and I don't think it's that difficult to make sure you have enough, but something to keep in mind.

Just play it the way you like. I strongly recommend against looking for or taking any advice on the 'best" way to handle scenes or anything like that.

I will say that I've heard some people run out of money. I didn't, and I don't think it's that difficult to make sure you have enough, but something to keep in mind.
Thanks! I doubt I'll run out of money. Well, after I get some money of course. I usually horde it in games, so I'll probably do so in this one as well.

Carni, only issue I had with Fell Seal that kept me from, well, I actually *did* call it a masterpiece, but with a caveat. The story and story presentation was a little dull. But the combat, classes and overall gameplay was awesome. If it had a story and presentation like say, Tactics Ogre, I'd be all over it right now. Instead it sits at about 13 hours played. May go back sometime, though.

Yeah the story could be better, yet I'm enthralled by the combat, class opportunities, and other mechanics that come into play. I did some tournament thing yesterday where I had to do three fights in a row, at the very end three of my folk were under ten hit points, all my potions were exhausted, and I was literally worn out in real life!! The rewards, however, more than made up for any inconvenience. -)

Seems, I couldn't stay away from Bloodborne. After a 5-6 day hiaturs, I jumped back into. Also because I keep hoping it'll come out on PC, and I can play it there. But I keep losing faith that it will.

I managed to kill the hunter that Eileen was hunting, the Grand Cathedral. But I did it with a pretty cheap cheese, that's still active in the game. I just could wait any longer, hoping to be high enough level to actually stand a chance against him. He pretty much 1-2 shots me, with his gun. So, I'll probably try him again on a future playthrough. But from what I read, he's by far the most difficult "boss" to fight.

I've cleared Yahar'ghul and killed the One Reborn easily. I also reached The Nightmare of Mensis, but I'm seriously underleveled for it. Just looking at the nightmarish scenery and I get hit with Frenzy, and almost die. So I went for Upper Cathedral instead. Which is proving to be a nightmare of a different sort. Absolutely filled with Brainsuckers. These cthulhu fuckers are the bane of my existence.
You can't let them close, since they'll stucklock you and just drain you of your life and insight. My every encounter with them, unless I manage to backstab them, is a toss-up between them stunlocking me to death, or maybe, just maybe, I managed to stagger them and stunlock them myself. Such a pain in the ass. The area is just crawling with them. And sometimes there's 2 of them together. I just finished the night, losing 40k blood echoes to a pair of brainsuckers. And just rage-quit.

Tomorrow's another day. :(

EDIT: Just tried 2 more runs, and lost 8 insight points, since each attack ends with 2 stunlocking attacks that drain 2 insight points. Each. Fucking hell, that's expensive. At this rate I won't be able to talk to the doll in short time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom