Pillars Of Eternity and Tyranny are free on Epic Game Store from the 11th Dec

bjon045

SasqWatch
Pillars Of Eternity Definitive edition and Tyranny Gold are free on Epic Game Store from the 11th Dec to the 18th. This is an incredible deal for both base games and all available DLC.

Close to 200 hours of cRPG goodness for free!!!

Both games include DLC .:)

From EPIC Gamestore.

Pillars Of Eternity Definitive Edition
Journey to new regions and meet new companions in The White March: Parts I & II, the game's expansion chapters, and find new stories to experience.
Tyranny Gold
Tyranny Gold Edition, the ultimate Tyranny experience that includes every Tyranny Expansion and all additional DLC.

Does "free" mean that you can play them until December the 18th?

Yeah, that's a good deal. I've been grabbing the weekly free EGS games that looked interesting. It helps that I can install them through GOG Galaxy and can avoid the Epic launcher, so I might actually play an EGS game at one point.

Hmmm that actually works, using the Galaxy connection?? I might have to try that out then, if it's a way to support great old games then I'd like to participate.

Hmmm that actually works, using the Galaxy connection?? I might have to try that out then, if it's a way to support great old games then I'd like to participate.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but it should. :) I linked my EGS account in Galaxy and the EGS games show up as they should, at least.

Not sure whether that supports GOG in any way though, they're just trying to offer a unified launcher.

Unified launcher should happen sooner or later, but it can't be done by a shop, even Gog. There's a lot of problems for it to happen and to be done, but when one will start rise, shops refusing provide a support for it will be put on the margin. For sure Steam would be a requirement, but Steam already uses very open API.

Don't forget, from 17Dec onwards they're giving away a game every day for two weeks!
It might have a bunch of games we already claimed but hopefully there's some new ones too.
I'm setting a daily reminder since the days tend to blur in to each other over Christmas!

wonder how much they're losing. And how much can Fortnite and Unreal cover that loss. And for how long.

That is why they tried to side-step Apple and Google's commission system and demonize Steam's cut of sales. And protest it is 'for the gamers' while not improving the Epic Games Store ecosystem at all ...

I grabbed these to add to my sizable library that I have amassed without ever having paid even $1 ...

Epic store doesn't necessarily lost money. I don't remind exclusivity was pure cash given to dev but payment in advance, at least for most of it. Hence if the game was selling well enough in the store, Epic didn't lost much money, but from interests lost from advance in cash.

I don't know what's the deal for one week free games. If Epic sells to dev it's different categories of players, dev could make it for not much paid by Epic. I don't remind have read anything on those deals, but I wouldn't be surprised dev are quite involved in the gift.

Seeing how tiny and poor in features is the store, and how small is the catalog, it's not here Epic store spend a lot more money than Gog or Steam.

Back
Top Bottom