Kingmaker - Deep Silver Publisher

Well, I don't know whether the rumour is true or not but I hope there will be no DLC for Kingmaker.

Extra chapter was added as a part of kickstarter goal, so I'm hoping it will be very difficult to cut off the content from the existing content to make DLC, because that's a real scum act.

Also, Owlcat is new and don't have any track record - would publisher really take a risk to slice off content to make DLC when they aren't even sure how well Kingmaker will sell at this point?

Please just concentrate on delivering best product as possible :( that's my hope!!

Edit: also, this is at very late stage of game development (should be close to release!!) so I hope publisher input is minimal.

I wouldn't be too worried. This game is crowdfunded and in late development, so Deep Silver likely has no control unless Owlcat needed additional funds.

Does it really matter if it's sold in-game or out? It's still charging money for cosmetics.

Actually, that armor set provided a bonus to XP, so it wasn't just cosmetic. It's a silly argument though. If you want to refer to every such DLC as microtransactions then be my guest.

I'm not going to debate whether Mass Effect 3 was worse or not, but Bioware was upfront months in advance that there would be day one DLC. Piranha Bytes dishonestly tried to pass off their cut content as being new, and when people found out it was always accessible using the console, they removed it from the game.

That's blantantly false, as the DLC for Risen 2 was also announced months in advance.

The only difference between those two examples is that much of the code (sans voiceovers) for PB's day 1 DLC was included in the download of the main game. I don't see how that somehow makes it more of a money grab than what Bioware did. Bioware was just more clever about how they went about it. At least the DLC for Risen 2 was completely non-essential content though, and, unlike the day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 2&3, you didn't feel like you were missing out on part of the story if you didn't have it.

That's blantantly false, as the DLC for Risen 2 was also announced months in advance.

Sure they announced DLC, but not that it was finished and already present in the files.

The only difference between those two examples is that much of the code (sans voiceovers) for PB's day 1 DLC was included in the download of the main game. I don't see how that somehow makes it more of a money grab than what Bioware did.

Because they tried to obscure the fact that it was cut content, and when they got exposed they punished players by removing the command console. Bioware didn't deceive anyone by releasing their DLC on day one, as everyone already knew in advance.

I don't like defending Bioware, but there is a clear moral distinction between what they did and Piranha Bytes did. At the end of the day they're both scummy.

Thanks for that update @purpleblob. My evil reign shall commence soon.:devilish:

I'm currently screaming in excitement XD Might take a few days off work to get some Kingmaker goodness.

Only in Russia

t6efr-ml8.JPG

Then go play PoE2 :rolleyes: I'm going to have a freaking awesome time playing Kingmaker :D

It's all the cheap 3D rendering. They would of been better off going 2.5d on their budget.

Well they could have combined both but it would end up something like Xenonauts.

840f366cf2c70bd4cf07d7fdf5dfff21.jpg

Or a modern Fallout RPG.

fallout2-620x.jpg

Sure they announced DLC, but not that it was finished and already present in the files.

It was day 1 DLC so of course it was finished. Just like Bioware's DLC was already finished. Again, the only difference was that PB's day 1 DLC was part of the main game download. That's literally the only difference.

Because they tried to obscure the fact that it was cut content, and when they got exposed they punished players by removing the command console.

Explain how they tried to obscure that it was cut content or that we even know for a fact that it was cut content to begin with.

Bioware didn't deceive anyone by releasing their DLC on day one, as everyone already knew in advance.

But but but… everyone also knew about PB's in advance so therefore, according to your own logic, they couldn't have been trying to deceive anyone.

2D painted backgrounds will always look sexier than cheap 3D rendering.

1200px-BKG_AR_0301_BurningLibrary_Exterior.jpg

Banner-Saga-2-Switch_05-23-18.jpg

e27bc9c2-e2be-449c-a3d5-d4a0cc7716fe.jpg.480p.jpg

torment%20tides%201.jpg

0x0.jpg

ss_624720af8b67884a7d12aafb3d40cd55be6ebc52.600x338.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

eab659fc6b83685441f6d191662b139f.jpg

Hmm looks like Shadowrun, Tyranny, Numenera, Sword Coast Legends. & PoE 2.

Once again they would not have the budget to make those games.

Though they could of went with 2D painted backgrounds like Age of Decadence.

Why not? Drawing something usually takes less time than rendering it in 3D.

Why not? Drawing something usually takes less time than rendering it in 3D.
Every game you listed cost millions to make except Age of Decadence & Banner Saga.

Anyway who knows unless we can get a budget chart it's all guess work.:)

Back
Top Bottom