The Outer Worlds - An Inside Look | E3 Coliseum 2019 Panel

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An inside look at The Outer Worlds. The video features an interview with some gameplay commentary.

Obsidian Entertainment have created incredible worlds and unforgettable experiences in RPGs for over 15 years. Join members of the development team as they provide the first public look at the E3 presentation for The Outer Worlds, their upcoming single-player sci-fi RPG published by Private Division.
More information.

They made a mistake on the UI. Their entire sickly-yellow color palette looks uninteresting and makes the game world repulsive.

Can't wait for this game. Looks fantastic!

That video showed some details from the game that make me have higher hopes for it than I did a week ago. I also agree that the sickly colour filter makes the game unappealing, but that's something hopefully they will get feedback about and change easily.

The game is looking great. I pre-ordered it in a heartbeat. I am just sad that there will not be a collectors edition as I have POE I and II CE.

They made a mistake on the UI. Their entire sickly-yellow color palette looks uninteresting and makes the game world repulsive.
Repulsive is the new in. :)

We really just don't have enough sci-fi games, so I'll likely pick this one up shortly after it's released. Even an attempt in the genre should be rewarded, and this is likely to be an above average project.

Looking better than good to me, can't say I have a problem with the UI. It'll probably work better with a controller which I'll never use on these type of games, but I have no problem with the esthetics of it.

Last edited:
Looks good - I'm looking forward to this. I just skimmed the vid, but the tactical mode that you can improve through perks and called shots to body parts (with sensible consequences) is pretty neat.
Where in the video is that?

Very interested in this and enjoyed the video!

An interview with Leonard Boyarsky about Outer Worlds. Boyarsky wastes no time getting topical:

… when we first started this, it didn’t seem quite as prescient as it does now, cause we started it in April of 2016. It’s become a little bit more pointed than we had hoped… Even more than this being about capitalism or corporations, it’s really about people controlling narrative and stories. And if people control the story you tell yourself, then they kind of control you.

The full interview is audio-only.

Back
Top Bottom