Death Stranding Coming to PC

Instabuy for me when it does.

For Gameboy betatesters:
The Death Stranding review embargo will lift on Friday November 1, a week before the Death Stranding release date of November 8.
The title, which is available to pre-order from retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, ShopTo and Game, includes a very easy mode targeted at “movie fans”.

So, professional critics are movie fans? Who would have thought…

Errr, I thought it was coming to PC already? (Checks web) OK, they were just giving hints that it wouldn't be a PS4 exclusive for all time.

Easy mode: It's good for folks that want more than just watching somebody else play on YouTube but don't have the time for the push-back a difficult game would bring. Quite a few games have mods to do that.

Not quite a few but all console games are low effort when it comes to challenges. Not as bad as phonegames, but still. :)

About potential Epic store exclusivity I don't have any problems with that.
Seems that EA does have the Epic Store problem and are hinting on returning to Steam.

I'm not sure publisher will matter - from what I understand, Epic does deals with the devs.

I theoretically won't buy from Epic: I really despise the way they buy exclusives. That's only theoretical, though, because I so rarely buy games within a year of release.

Can't say I'm interested. (...)

Well, me neither. Specially because, even after watching some trailers, I still don't know what kind of game Death Stranding is trying to be.

I'm not sure publisher will matter - from what I understand, Epic does deals with the devs.

I theoretically won't buy from Epic: I really despise the way they buy exclusives. That's only theoretical, though, because I so rarely buy games within a year of release.

Epic Games deals with whoever owns the IP. 99% of the time that's the publisher. But indeed, in this case I think Kojima Productions owns the Death Stranding IP. So we'll see how nice of a person Kojima is. :biggrin:

Epic Games deals with whoever owns the IP. 99% of the time that's the publisher. But indeed, in this case I think Kojima Productions owns the Death Stranding IP. So we'll see how nice of a person Kojima is. :biggrin:
He's famous only for videogames design so a decision on PC stores becomes meaningless - seeing the game is coming to PC is already a positive thing.
In other words, he's not some filthy CEO. An unbeatable monster of games design he is, rarely any other dev can reach the legendary status Kojima has or surpass it. I don't think he wants to be the lead of a studio that made WoW killer or any top seller killer to be precise.
Some say his Works are overrated and he's nothing but a hack. Then again some deaf people also say certain music sucks. I've played only one game of his (MGS5) and sorry, but the game is so good I can't accept comments from anonymous people that Kojima's reputation is fake or overblown knowing that MGS5 wasn't one hit wonder like some NWN DLC earning stellar status to it's director.
Besides, the guy is charming and I want all those different glasses he uses. :)
To be honest, I don't think Kojima even knows that. :)
But he does. He wants it to be bizzare and crazy yet obvious poke in the eye of other developers. Depending on Decima capabilities, some ideas will be in, some will be saved for future titles.
Will we see again peeing on the floor because of hostiles around thus it's not possible to do it elsewhere, or other stuff not happening in any other game (or even movies where people don't eat, shit nor sleep as if were robots) remains to be seen.

Launch video. Have some popcorn ready for this one. There is a little bit of gameplay in it, but only a little.

Absolutely amazing presentation of possibly the best videogame engine out there.

Even if the game sucks, that engine needs to decorate my PC when visitors are around who don't want to see TW3 any more. Asap.

A story telling game in which story grows through repetition. Going to be telling.

You know this is how steam started right? Convincing publishers to use their crappy software and unable to be played without Steam?

Based on the reviews it seems its amazon delivery driver simulator? :)

Anyone here playing it?

Kojima is a good team leader, but awful writer with incredibly inflated ego. His games are thematically interesting..but it's all buried under a mountain of rubbish writing and cringe, over the top exposition.
"It's so weird and original!" Our genius, Kojima San!!!
Surprised some people are stilling fall for it.
Like with MGSV/Quiet.. walks around half naked or she'd suffocate ( she breathes through her skin..like a frog or something).

Anyway buying this, when heavily drunk and heavily discounted.

Back
Top Bottom