Welcome - introduce yourself!

Luke… I am your father.
Stand in the line.
Or not? Seems this Luke is partially on the dark side.

Anyway, welcome.

Hello everyone! I'm one of the devs at Critical Forge, currently working on Forged of Blood. We saw that there's a thread here talking about the game so I'm here to help share some news and answer any questions!

Cheers!

Hello everyone! I'm one of the devs at Critical Forge, currently working on Forged of Blood. We saw that there's a thread here talking about the game so I'm here to help share some news and answer any questions!

Cheers!

Hi Bunny!

As I've said in the thread you referring to, the game looks promising. I pretty much liked what was shown in the video you posted. :)

Last edited:
Hi -

Very long-time lurker, back to the rpgdot days. I cut my teeth on CRPGs with the fabulous Dungeon Master on the Atari ST, progressing to the Amiga, then on to the PC. Finally played my *first* RPG on a console, PS4, with Witcher 3, earlier this year.

I admit that I've gotten stale on CRPGs over the years, losing my enthusiasm for gaming in general, at the time I finished playing Gothic 1/2. I kept up on the news from this site, but never got that itch to play; until TW3.

My daughter had all these fond memories of sitting with me watching me play a ton of CRPGs. She bought TW3 for me at the last Christmas, trying to rekindle that fire. The game actually sat there for nearly 2 months before I gave it a go, and now I'm re-hooked.

Welcome jdt!

Maybe it's also worth a try to either go for older games you missed out back them (I recommend Stonekeep and Lands of Lore 1) or go for today's indie-retro games. :)

Welcome jdt!

Maybe it's also worth a try to either go for older games you missed out back them (I recommend Stonekeep and Lands of Lore 1) or go for today's indie-retro games. :)

Thanks Kordanor - but I've already played both already back in the day :) In fact, a little story to share about Stonekeep. Way back in olden days, some of the game companies maintained forums on the GEnie RPG boards (anyone remember Scorpia?)

Peter Oliphant, a lead dev on Stonekeep would post to those forums. Being hearing-impaired, I bugged and begged him to please include subtitles for the game. After initial resistance, he figured out a way to do so. If I remember correctly, Stonekeep was doing some new things graphically, so doing subtitles was a bit more involved.

Welcome to the Watch, jdthoosier :party:
As a long-time lurker you know most of us :)

Welcome; it's always great to hear from oldies like myself!! :D

Hi -

Very long-time lurker, back to the rpgdot days. I cut my teeth on CRPGs with the fabulous Dungeon Master on the Atari ST, progressing to the Amiga, then on to the PC. Finally played my *first* RPG on a console, PS4, with Witcher 3, earlier this year.

I admit that I've gotten stale on CRPGs over the years, losing my enthusiasm for gaming in general, at the time I finished playing Gothic 1/2. I kept up on the news from this site, but never got that itch to play; until TW3.

My daughter had all these fond memories of sitting with me watching me play a ton of CRPGs. She bought TW3 for me at the last Christmas, trying to rekindle that fire. The game actually sat there for nearly 2 months before I gave it a go, and now I'm re-hooked.

You'll fit right in with some of these dinosaurs. :p
Welcome!

Hi All.
First off, let me just say what a great job you guys are doing. It is by far the best place to know about existing and upcoming RPG's.
I'm afraid I am also one of the old time gamers, starting on ST and Amiga (Dungeon master, Eye of the beholder Era) I was probably one of the first gamers on pc (5 1/4 floppy discs) My preferences haven't changed that much over the years with the exception that I don't like short games, when I start a game I want it to be very deep and engaging with many, many hours of gameplay.

Hi All.
First off, let me just say what a great job you guys are doing. It is by far the best place to know about existing and upcoming RPG's.
I'm afraid I am also one of the old time gamers, starting on ST and Amiga (Dungeon master, Eye of the beholder Era) I was probably one of the first gamers on pc (5 1/4 floppy discs) My preferences haven't changed that much over the years with the exception that I don't like short games, when I start a game I want it to be very deep and engaging with many, many hours of gameplay.

Guess that makes you pretty much an exception. ^^
First time I hear that someone started to prefer long games after getting older.

Personally I have to admit that my preference from "really long" (100h+) changed to "somewhat long" (~60 hours) during the last couple of years. Also due to the fact that there is a flood of cool games to be played...

Back
Top Bottom