The lack of knowledge of science by some people facing hurricanes can kill people!

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I hope this doesnt count as a political thread.

People are following youtubers who say that placing fans on top of their houses shooting bullets at the current hurricane Irma, so all these people are making their fans and the bullets that they have fired into things that could possibly kills people by the force exerted on them by the hurricane.

This is a good reason why science is more important than language or maths, you may improve your social standing with the knowledge of the latter, but real knowledge of science saves lives.

You gotta stop reading National Inquirer....

National Inquirer probably has an article how hurricane Irma was man made. :p

Not sure if shooting at Irma is true, but it wouldn't surprise me as I do remember this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(radio_drama)

Some listeners heard only a portion of the broadcast, and in the tension and anxiety prior to World War II, mistook it for a genuine news broadcast.[25] Thousands of those people rushed to share the false reports with others, or called CBS, newspapers, or the police to ask if the broadcast was real. Many newspapers assumed that this large number of phone calls, and scattered reports of listeners rushing about or even fleeing their homes, proved the existence of a mass panic, though such behavior was never widespread.

Wiki says it's not the stupidity that caused irrational behavior. I can't agree.

National Inquirer probably has an article how hurricane Irma was man made. :p
I think that'd be Rush. N.I. would get confused and think Irma was one of those one-name celebrities then publish a front page article about how Arnold Schwarzenegger has gotten her pregnant. With triplets!!

I think that'd be Rush. N.I. would get confused and think Irma was one of those one-name celebrities then publish a front page article about how Arnold Schwarzenegger has gotten her pregnant. With triplets!!

I dont know which one is worse.

… Contents removed …

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom