Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
…I've entered the Valley of the Dead (?) - and my party is already a bit battered after several encounters…I'll need to sleep/camp soon to get back abilities…or is it short enough that can I push through? I have 0 rations, and I don’t think I can leave the dungeon to hunt (the raven hinted as much)…Do I have reload an earlier saved game to return to my capital (1 week away!) and get N days of rations and then come back and redo everything…? Or will I find rations in the dungeon? PoE would leave camping supplies here and there….

You have to have rations if you want to sleep in the dungeon. The barbarians sell them I believe, or go get rations from the nearest merchant (Silverstep Village perhaps).

…I've entered the Valley of the Dead (?) - and my party is already a bit battered after several encounters…I'll need to sleep/camp soon to get back abilities…or is it short enough that can I push through? I have 0 rations, and I don’t think I can leave the dungeon to hunt (the raven hinted as much)…Do I have reload an earlier saved game to return to my capital (1 week away!) and get N days of rations and then come back and redo everything…? Or will I find rations in the dungeon? PoE would leave camping supplies here and there….
I think you need to reload. It's not a small dungeon and some fights aren't easy.

I made the additional mistake that I didn't bring enough diamond dust to cast Restoration to cure ability and level drain. However I made it through on my last legs and had to carry two corpses back to the capital.

Yeah it was a bit of a shock for me when I found out both stoneskin and restoration require diamond dust. I was like, but its rare and expensive!!!

Isn't it quite cheap?
I some dungeon (iirc Armag's tomb) I found >600 units at a single place.

It costs 50g a pop. I have better things to spend my money on than 250g per Stoneskin cast..

It's not really for the spell, it's for getting the caster into the right mood.

Essentially, it's crystal meth.

Not sure if this will be helpful to you now, but if you have Ekun in your party, his special camping ability is reducing the number of ration required for camping.

On a different subject:

Not really a tip per se, but if you can, upgrade your kingdom to city before you get coronated. It just feels so different when you are standing in front of your castle door step vs just some temporary wooden ramp.

Last edited:
Tip on Kingdom system. Raise your stat 40 times as soon as possible then you get a project that reduces time you spend upgrading stats from 14 days to 7 :)

Speaking of which: There's no need to go overboard on a single stat. They generally do very little beyond unlocking the advisor upgrades, though I assume there are some negative effects if they drop low.

For example, I was nearing 150 Economy by the time I realized it didn't affect my income at all. At that point, it's better to start looking into Espionage and so on to unlock those, which in turn makes it easier to solve those problems when they pop up.

To elaborate on that: Economy does make a difference in terms of income. But only the upgraded rank matters, not directly the stat itself.
For instance, 5 upgrades of the economy stat get you 5 BP per month, and 1 BP for each rank in any other stat (up to 5 for each stat).

So having 5 ranks economy and 5 each in 6 other stats gets you an additional 35 BP.

There are also projects that allows your advisors to bring in more BP everytime they successfully resolves kingdom problems/opportunity.

I'm back to playing after taking a week off. 266 hours total. So far so good on my 2nd run. Another "tip" I'd give is to play with Death's Door on. It's a pretty cool feature, because rather than reloading if say, 3 characters die, they just get critically wounded. Then the real fun is the risk/reward of continuing to explore knowing they may die vs. heading back to the capital. If you live with the consequences after that it turns into a pretty fun feature. Gotta keep the peeps alive. :)

Welcome back, Fluent. Hope you had a good break :)

I'm still taking a break, waiting till the big patch is now, but I'm feeling so restless - maybe I will start my 3rd playthrough lol.

I've playing on normal difficulty, which means death's door was on all the time :p

Welcome back, Fluent. Hope you had a good break :)

I'm still taking a break, waiting till the big patch is now, but I'm feeling so restless - maybe I will start my 3rd playthrough lol.

I've playing on normal difficulty, which means death's door was on all the time :p

Thank you blobby, I did have a good break. :) I feel refreshed to play more now.

Another "tip" I may have mentioned already. When exploring, also use the myriad of scrolls and potions you get. Even for minor encounters, rather than taking damage, you get so many Enlarge Person potions and Shield of Faith potions you can avoid healing after, and if you must heal, to save time use scrolls and potions, which are also plentiful. This was probably mentioned but it really helps to keep people alive and also not waste as much time resting.

The big patch will be really great, I hope it comes soon too. But I'm already in the start of Chapter 3 so hopefully by the time it releases it will fix any potential bugs I encounter in later chapters. I'm taking it slowly since I'm doing a Let's Play for it. :)

Question: How long does it take to trigger romance with Octavia, and does Regongar have to travel with you as well? It seems the only character I've been able to consistently romance is Valerie.

Sorry, Fluent, I'm not sure what is the requirement but I don't think you need to travel with Reg as well unless you are going for polygamy ending.

Not quite a tip, but try to camp in the local map on your birthday for special dialogues from your companions :)

Sorry, Fluent, I'm not sure what is the requirement but I don't think you need to travel with Reg as well unless you are going for polygamy ending.

Thanks blobby. :) I don't want the polygamy ending but I'm wondering why Octavia never initiates anything after resting. To be fair I have spent a lot of time resting on the world map before realizing I shouldn't have been, but I still rested a lot on the maps and I'm also just early in Act 3. Hope it starts soon, she's sweet. :)

I'm trying to romance Tristian and had about 4 romance related dialogues from chap 1 to 4 but my character and he only became couples right before the coronation - so it might be same for other romance options?

I'm trying to romance Tristian and had about 4 romance related dialogues from chap 1 to 4 but my character and he only became couples right before the coronation - so it might be same for other romance options?

Ah ok, so it probably takes awhile then. I got that dialogue from Tristian but without the romance part, so that was cool. Other than that no one talks to me after camp. Maybe they don't like Aasimars lol. :(

Question: How long does it take to trigger romance with Octavia, and does Regongar have to travel with you as well? It seems the only character I've been able to consistently romance is Valerie.

Not sure what counts as romance start, but the earliest my character got the tavern scene was after getting the barony (right at the beginning o chapter 2). Turned her down, though, so I have no idea how it goes from there.

Back
Top Bottom