Inquisitor - 80% Off On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Inquisitor is now on sale on Steam for 80% off till September 29th. That's only $2.99 in US currency, and it's the perfect time to buy it if you never played the game.

Ultherst was once a peaceful, God-fearing land until the Three Scourges of God came to pass as foretold by Saint Ezekiel, one of the twelve followers of the First Prophet. First came the famine that devasted the populace. Next came the plague that added more unfortunate souls on Death’s abacus. Finally came the great rain of fire, and death fell down on sinner and innocent alike, blood flooding the streets in place of water. The people, in their desperation, turned away from the Holy Mother Church and delved deep into pagan decadence or succumbed to the temptation of the Devil. You have been charged with the office of Inquisitor. It is up to you to investigate crimes against the one true faith and root out heresy--using any and all means necessary. As in all best computer RPGs--the most important choices are yours to make.

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences. If a gritty old-school open-ended isometric RPG is what you looking for, look no further. Inquisitor will provide you with hours of gameplay and a dark, involving story.
More information.

Wasn't the consensus that this game was actually bad? That seemed to be what everyone was saying after the initial hype died down.

I think the game was great. My laptop died before finishing it, but I was thoroughly immersed in the atmosphere and world they created.

It really feels like you're in this nightmare of a world where true evil is around every corner. Lots of twists and turns in the story as well, which kept things interesting.

I would go as far to say that Inquisitor is one of my favorite games that I've played thus far on the PC platform. I'd recommend it for fans of old-school RPGs.

I think the game was great. My laptop died before finishing it, but I was thoroughly immersed in the atmosphere and world they created.

It really feels like you're in this nightmare of a world where true evil is around every corner. Lots of twists and turns in the story as well, which kept things interesting.

I would go as far to say that Inquisitor is one of my favorite games that I've played thus far on the PC platform. I'd recommend it for fans of old-school RPGs.

Interesting. Maybe I'll reinvestigate. This is a pretty low price, after all.

Sadly this is a game that needs to be avoided, yes the story, atmosphere and dialogue are great, but the gameplay and dungeons are unbelievably tedious like I've never seen in my life.

I didn't think it was terrible, but I didn't play it for long. I liked the setting, and it has atmosphere, but it feels really clunky for a modern game. It's also very grindy as far as the combat goes.

There are too many better games out there.

I didn't think it was terrible, but I didn't play it for long. I liked the setting, and it has atmosphere, but it feels really clunky for a modern game. It's also very grindy as far as the combat goes.

There are too many better games out there.

I didn't think it felt clunky or grindy. It wasn't super streamlined and it was a bit hardcore, but that's a good thing, IMO.

You play this game for the setting, the atmosphere and the mystery-solving. If you enjoy those things and want to explore a dark medieval world of heretics, demons, and pure creepy evil, I would recommend this game for sure.

Never actually tried it. I'd try it based on Fluent's recommendation, if it wasn't for him liking every game he comes across :)

I didn't think it felt clunky or grindy. It wasn't super streamlined and it was a bit hardcore, but that's a good thing, IMO.

You play this game for the setting, the atmosphere and the mystery-solving. If you enjoy those things and want to explore a dark medieval world of heretics, demons, and pure creepy evil, I would recommend this game for sure.

Like I said, I liked the setting and atmosphere. The game is definitely grindy for most people though. There's a *ton* of combat, and unfortunately combat isn't one of the game's strong points.

I'm sure it's a good experience if you can get past that, but I didn't want to invest that kind of time with so many other games in my backlog.

Never actually tried it. I'd try it based on Fluent's recommendation, if it wasn't for him liking every game he comes across :)

True .. :)

There's enjoyment to be found in everything if one looks closely enough.

Like I said, I liked the setting and atmosphere. The game is definitely grindy for most people though. There's a *ton* of combat, and unfortunately combat isn't one of the game's strong points.

I'm sure it's a good experience if you can get past that, but I didn't want to invest that kind of time with so many other games in my backlog.

There was a lot of combat, but I didn't feel the combat was unnecessary ... ?

Combat is definitely not the game's biggest strength (I outlined those in my last post), I'll give you that, but it wasn't too bad once you had some followers helping you.

I rolled a Thief character and had a Paladin and a Soldier following me at one point. I would use ranged attacks while they handled the front lines.

I found it satisfying to kill things in that game, because the plot elements were spread out *just* enough that all that combat felt worthwhile when you reached the next twist in the story.

I can see how it's not for everyone, though, definitely.

I pretty much agree with this...it was almost over load on the atmosphere that the game itself dragged down.

Also, the story is repetitive. In the first chapter, you have a holy guy gone bad and you have to dig up the evidence. In the 2nd chapter you have a holy guy bone bad and you have to dig up the evidence. In the 3rd chapter you have a holy guy bone bad and you have to dig up the evidence :)

You might check out my detailed review of the game which can be found somewhere on this site!! :)

Thanks for the heads-up, I vividly recall the lively discussions here when it came out and missed it when it was on sale last time, so it's nice to finally pick it up.

Even though I like most games, I stand by my heightened like for Inquisitor.

Once you realize you're playing a game with a thick atmosphere and tons of dialog and story text, you will start to really appreciate exactly what it is the developers were trying to go for when they made the game. :). You can just get lost in it.

And come on, in what game can you accuse heretics of murder, torture them and burn them at the stake? o_o The game just oozes that dark atmosphere that makes it just wonderful to get immersed in.

And the challenge and complexity factor is great as well. The game will kick your ass at times if you aren't careful. Nice pen-and-paper style role-playing systems, too.

Sheesh, I feel like I'm reading a book. I like books but not in a game. They are different kinds of entertainment that I'd rather not combine. Movement is clunky. 1st impression is not good. I really have zero desire to talk to all the people in the town. How many times am I gonna accidental click on the dog?

There is an old saying in writing....show don't tell.....this game does a lot of telling and not showing.

Back
Top Bottom