Star Ocean - 4K & HD Remaster

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Star Ocean: The Last Hope has been released on Steam in 4K and full HD.

About This Game

From the creative minds of Square Enix and tri-Ace, STAR OCEAN - THE LAST HOPE takes place at the very beginning of the Star Ocean series.
This action-packed RPG takes players on the epic journey of mankind's last stand, with exploration and battle across some of the most mysterious, dangerous and fantastical worlds of the universe.

Earth has been decimated by World War III and now humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Explore the galaxy on your quest, make allies and enemies among the alien races you encounter and uncover a danger so great that it threatens all of creation.

• Spectacular New 4k and Full HD Visuals
  • Exhilarating Real-time Battles
A universe of adventure and danger await in the great Star Ocean!
More information.

Could never get through this game, bought & traded it 3 times too.

Had loads of good elements, but it just ended up dragging for me.

I enjoyed it but never finished it on PS3, petering out around the 2/3 point. I thought about buying this re-release, but realised that the same thing will likely happen, since I'd have to start over again. Better to just dig out the PS3 game and try and pick up where I left off, I guess.

For others, it's worth checking out, but be aware that it is a very Japanese RPG and that for all the talk of stars and space ships, you'll spend most of your time running around fantasy planets hitting things with swords and bows.

I played and finished it in PS3, just wish they focused their efforts on remaking the older games or making new games (but not the very sucky last one, Integrity and Faithlessness).

Why port it to the PC if you aren't going to give it PC controls? Why not just let the console weenies buy it for their consoles ?

Probably because it was popular enough that gamers were asking for a PC port.. which in that case they should have known it was designed around playing with a gamepad.

I disagree. Xseed has ported several jrpg with very good pc controls. Call it what it is a lousy port.

Probably because it was popular enough that gamers were asking for a PC port.. which in that case they should have known it was designed around playing with a gamepad.

I disagree. Xseed has ported several jrpg with very good pc controls. Call it what it is a lousy port.

What does that have to do with Star Ocean?

And why is it a lousy port? Because someone on Steam didn't like it? You can't shoehorn kb+m controls into every game and always expect it to play like it was designed for them.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would expect decent kb+m controls in a JRPG ported from consoles.

Ha, good point. Maybe not expected, but one can wish?

Shagnak - SO4 is pretty much at the "max" level on your scale, I'm afraid. It was very fun to play (nice battle system) but I *still* cringe when I hear (or think) the phrase "nappy time". (Which in UK English means "my diaper is full") but is apparently OK in US english and JRPG translations...

Back
Top Bottom