HOMM "Complete"

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

I was looking at ebay th other day and noticed something I hadn't seen before: A "complete" edition of HOMM !

Right now, I received the newsletter from Ubisoft, and indeed they're selling such a thing: For 50 Euros and seemingly exclusively by Gamestop.

The newsletter says it contains:

- 4 DVDs of ALL games including all add-ons
- 3 Soundtrack CDs
- T-Shirt
- Bonus-DVD
- Tarot game
- 180 pages Artbook
- 26 pages units book
- Encyclopedia by fans (I think it's an offline version of what's already available online)
- map (?) about Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (?)

I'll keep this in mind, seems to contain quite a lot. I wonder whether the Chronicles are in or not.

Alrik

P.S. : If needed, move this into the Pricewatch thread.

I've read about this edition for you Europeans--for once you seem to be scoring first. :)
Celestial Heavens has a little blurb about the french annoucement which sounds pretty similar and says that the Chronicles won't be included.

The Dark Messiah map is apparently a HoMM map(mission) with a Dark Messiah storyline.

Even though I own almost all these games, it would be great to be able to buy this compilation--maybe someday....:raincloud:

I'm just holding out hope that the HoMM5 "gold edition" gets published as planned.

I haven't played much of the series in the past but have played the entirety of the HoMM V set, including reviews of the main game and both expansions at GamerDad. Cool stuff ... wonder if it will ever hit the US.

Gogamer has the complete Heroes III collection for $9.90. If you liked HoMMV and don't mind the older graphics, it's excellent value for the money. They have a Heroes IV Complete too, which is good also, but plays a little differently--mostly in that your hero is out on the grid and fights rather than just casts spells--they have a tendency to get a little overpowered. Still, a good game.

I've got, and still dig out once or twice a year, HoMM3 + Armageddon's Blade. Highly recommended. I like some of the changes made in V5 and given the value I've gotten out of V3, want to make the purchase when I can get it all in one box.

Complete editions of HOMM 3 and 4 together with all add-ons are really cheap here - simple DVD box for 10 Euros.

I've got kind of a "special edition" of HOMM 1 & 2 that was once sold here, with all add-ons. This is the game i liked most of it, so far.

I have the Complete edition mentioned in the original post. It's very nicely presented. One disappointment: don't expect to get the operatic sountrack for HoMM2, it's not in there. The MIDI music is OK though.

I'm just holding out hope that the HoMM5 "gold edition" gets published as planned.
I´ve had a HoMM5 thing with two add-ons in my hands today. It´s out in Germany.

You damn Euros always get the best treatment... ;)

It's still not officially announced for us Imperialist pig-dogs. I'm hoping that it will sell well enough in Europe to get them to release it in North America.

Well, at least you guys only have to pay half as much for your games.
That compilation cost either 45 or 50 EUR. That´s 68$ or 74$. A normal price here.

PC games have largely stuck with the $50 price point here. A couple recent major releases that thought they could get away with it went for $60, but nobody seems interested in being the first publisher to regularly cross that line. They've held that $50 price for going on a decade, IIRC.

That is why I often import games from the US, UK or Germany. In Norway, a new release often costs 55-65 Euro, so there's quite a bit of money to save by importing.

PC games have largely stuck with the $50 price point here. A couple recent major releases that thought they could get away with it went for $60, but nobody seems interested in being the first publisher to regularly cross that line. They've held that $50 price for going on a decade, IIRC.

Blizzard's stuff keeps going out with $60 price tag its seems.

The Warhammer standalone expansion that was just released, Soul Storm, is selling for only $39.95. Because its shorter, I guess, than the usual game. Still, it seems an odd coincidence, what with Iron Lore folding right after completion.

well, it's cheaper here in Poland as far as older games go - Heroes IV Gold costs about 3 euros. You can get new games for 40 EUR, but they're usually localized.

Has anyone heard any more about this "complete" edition? I've only seen 1 place online selling it so far and they want $150 dollars for it.

For those of you that are long time fans, what do you think is the best game in the series? I've heard a lot of people claim HOMM 3, what do you think?

That is what I have heard, but for me I am not long-term so it is dipping back into history. I actually like #5 quite a bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom