Battle Brothers - Warriors of the North DLC Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
New DLC has been announced for Battle Brothers called 'Warriors of the North'.

'Warriors of the North' DLC Announcement

We're excited to announce that we're working on another DLC for Battle Brothers. In other words, there's going to be even more content for that game that you like. The name of the upcoming DLC is going to be 'Warriors of the North'.

As the name suggests, the focus of the DLC will be on introducing a new human faction hailing from the north. This faction follows the old ways of raiding and sacrificing prisoners to cruel gods. They'll bring more regional flavor to the northern parts of the map, as well as a different challenge to fighting brigands in the north at every stage of the game. This DLC will be focused on new content, and it will be smaller in scope than 'Beasts & Exploration'. This also means that you won't have to wait quite as long until you can play it!

Here's the rough list of features we're aiming for:

• A variety of new human opponents with their own fighting style and equipment, providing a fresh challenge at every stage of the game, including the late game
  • Different origins to pick for your company, each with different starting characters, equipment and circumstances, as well as special rules that impact your campaign from beginning to end
  • New nordic and rus inspired banners, armors and helmets
  • A new legendary location
  • New contracts
  • New events
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we'll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you'll always know what we're working on and why. We expect to be finished within the next few months and will announce a release date and final feature list once we're closer to the finish line.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.

Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!
More information.

This was in their original design document, but got cut then. Now they see new money coming in from Beast & Exploration and calculated and now we are witnessing another Support Project for their entirely new, Legged Characters RPG.

This is the way to go, if they wish to remain full time game developers. There are well placed games on Steam with minimal starting price that have mountains of PAID DLC-s coming out: specifically I've seen Fantasy Grounds filling up my search results for RPG Turn-Based.

This is funny considering they originally said no chance of DLC for this game.

Its odd the effect money hats have on people.

Glad to see it though

This is great news. I will make a viking merc group because I can still use the same names I have already been using. Uhtred, Ubba, Ivar the Boneless, Rollo the Ravager, Graylander, and of course Hastar.

Having a group origin at the beginning can really add to the role-playing aspect of the game. I think they will finally use the alignment system that has just stayed at neutral the whole time.

I'll put off my replay of this glorious game for a while until all this additional content is fully integrated. Looks like the options will be almost unlimited this time around in creating your murderous horde!

I'll put off my replay of this glorious game for a while until all this additional content is fully integrated. Looks like the options will be almost unlimited this time around in creating your murderous horde!
Same I dabbled a bit with the current expansion but if another one is incoming then I'll wait for it...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hahaha! do i see a vikings fan :p

I do enjoy Vikings but I got the viking names from the Saxon Tales by Bernard Cornwell.

Ubba and Ivar were far greater in the books. One word of advice, "Never fight Ubba!"

Uhtred, "Drop your weapon and I will spare you a beating!"

Just got the latest book in Cornwell's series. StI'll pumping them out. I'll get to it soon.

A couple of niggles aside, I've also enjoyed the Netflix show (think it''s really the BBC) The Last Kingdom, which is based on the books.

Every time i see this game i think i should give it a try, but those half people sliding across the screen is off putting.

Every time i see this game i think i should give it a try, but those half people sliding across the screen is off putting.

I thought the same thing sakichop and almost didn't try the game. Now it's in my top 5 of all time and I have almost 1000 hours played.

I just finished the latest Cornwall book, War of the Wolf, and it was fantastic. I enjoy Uhtred as he gets older and older. I think the Netflix series is very well done also.

Just got the latest book in Cornwell's series. StI'll pumping them out. I'll get to it soon.

A couple of niggles aside, I've also enjoyed the Netflix show (think it''s really the BBC) The Last Kingdom, which is based on the books.
I watched the first season but didn't watch the 2nd season cause it was pulled off TV. It followed the book almost 1:1 and it's a shame the ratings tanked on TV.
Those Cornwell books are well worth owning, they are just so darn fun to read!! I'll keep buying those books as quickly as he can write them.
Own every book he wrote in Digital E-book form nowadays. Like I said in the book thread one of the greatest Historical fiction writer of our time. Conn Iggulden is a close second.

Uhtred definitely improved from the git he was in the earlier books. Another reason why the books are so fantastic, because in those times if you didn't learn, you usually wound up dead fairly soon.

There are well placed games on Steam with minimal starting price that have mountains of PAID DLC-s coming out: specifically I've seen Fantasy Grounds filling up my search results for RPG Turn-Based.

Fantasy Grounds is not a game. It is a useful application to play tabletop games.
It helps players who do not have minis and/or terrain elements.
It also helps to get a run at a ruleset without having to set up a table and/or paint dedicated minis.

Of course, mods are charged since they usually correspond to requirements etc necessary to play a scenario or a game.

I do enjoy Vikings but I got the viking names from the Saxon Tales by Bernard Cornwell.
But have you ever read The Long Ships, by Frans G. Bengtsson? IMO, the most authentic viking tale ever written (barring the real Sagas, maybe?)

Re:Battle Brothers, everyone who liked the game naturally were pumped for expansions and DLC, but the plain fact is that a vocal group of core fans doesn't always translate to actual profit from new content. The devs also stated they were muy burned out from working on the same project for 5 years.

But have you ever read The Long Ships, by Frans G. Bengtsson? IMO, the most authentic viking tale ever written (barring the real Sagas, maybe?)

Re:Battle Brothers, everyone who liked the game naturally were pumped for expansions and DLC, but the plain fact is that a vocal group of core fans doesn't always translate to actual profit from new content. The devs also stated they were muy burned out from working on the same project for 5 years.

Thanks screeg I will have to look at that book.

Back
Top Bottom