What games are you playing now?

But that's not a bad thing, we need a wider audience than the archaic throwback fans, which take up most of this place.

So what exactly was so unthrowback about Anthem? What were you seeing that most of the other players were missing?

I'm STILL playing Outer Worlds to my surprise. I'm just a loot hoar and exploration junkie. I'm trying to clear Monarch of baddies and it's almost impossible. There are so many mobs in this region. I think I've gone from 14-15 to level 21. I have over 5000 rounds of heavy ammo even though I'm a sniper and that's what I use the most. The other ammo amounts are much higher.

I should play the quests, but I'd rather just snoop, murder, and loot. Quests mostly close themselves when I finally head into the main towns of each planet. Fun game.

I'm STILL playing Outer Worlds to my surprise. I'm just a loot hoar and exploration junkie. I'm trying to clear Monarch of baddies and it's almost impossible. There are so many mobs in this region. I think I've gone from 14-15 to level 21. I have over 5000 rounds of heavy ammo even though I'm a sniper and that's what I use the most. The other ammo amounts are much higher.

I should play the quests, but I'd rather just snoop, murder, and loot. Quests mostly close themselves when I finally head into the main towns of each planet. Fun game.

How many hours in?

Finally got a bit of time for gaming! I'm running through Hearkenwold on the Iceblink Engine again with a fresh party, to try the new content. I've also started a run-through of Knights of the Chalice, this time taking two wizards (and a knight and cleric) instead of two knights. It's lots of slow paced fun, and I'm very excited for the second one.

Everquest the first, the new Miragul server, and loving it so far. You start off at level 85 which means everyone can group, and so far the population seems stable with very little nastiness. I found a couple of European folks to hang with and have been enjoying this content that I've not played before, thankfully my new mates know the ropes. Is it as great as it was back in the day? No, and I doubt it could ever be. I would say though, it does well standing on its own. Am I having a good time? You bet!

Jedi Fallen Order is out tomorrow.

To play or not to play?

That's my question is as well but I thought it released today on PC with Origin?

Origin premium is £14 per month and thats enough to play the game. Or get it on PS4 and sell it after a month and get most of the money back? Thats the second question!

Also it seems PS4 price is £45 but all legit sources have it for £55 hmm....

That's my question is as well but I thought it released today on PC with Origin?

Origin premium is £14 per month and thats enough to play the game. Or get it on PS4 and sell it after a month and get most of the money back? Thats the second question!

Also it seems PS4 price is £45 but all legit sources have it for £55 hmm….

Never go console when you can go PC :)

I'm considering the premium thing, as I'm weak and need a game.

But I'm not getting the best of feelings for this game.

On the one hand, it's a competent developer. But, on the other hand, everything about it smacks of being designed by committee - which is the not-DArt way of making games.

My gut feeling is that we're looking at a 65-75 metacritic Souls clone with Star Wars flavor - and that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Never go console when you can go PC :)

Thats generally true. However, my CPU is struggling a bit with new games as per my other post.

Secondly, new PC games seems to be very expansive compared to consoles like £55 v £45 at release .

Thirdly, I seem to give up on many new game very quickly and given PC don't have second hand value, PS4 is very tempting as you can minimise your losses!

However this game is sort exception to the above as you can get it for £14 and its suck I have only wasted £14 and not £55!

I wasn't too keen on this game as well but I seem to have caught the SW bug so will give it a go!

Thats generally true. However, my CPU is struggling a bit with new games as per my other post.

Secondly, new PC games seems to be very expansive compared to consoles like £55 v £45 at release .

Thirdly, I seem to give up on many new game very quickly and given PC don't have second hand value, PS4 is very tempting as you can minimise your losses!

However this game is sort exception to the above as you can get it for £14 and its suck I have only wasted £14 and not £55!

I wasn't too keen on this game as well but I seem to have caught the SW bug so will give it a go!

Upgrade time, my friend :)

I'll probably wait for a few reviews or impressions before I take the plunge.

I'm definitely interested in Fallen Order. I think it looks like the first "good" SW game in a very long time.

That said, my gaming time is limited right now, and I'm not going to drop $60 until I know for sure.

Fallen Order… Is that the game with running against walls and defying gravity?
I'm kinda not interested…

Details please. Is it singleplayer only and no classic EA bullshit (DLC)?

Finished Ori (fantastic), playing Hollow knight (good, Ori is better so far), still starting outer worlds (fixed low frame rate issue), just installed metro 2033 redux (UWP is a mess. The xbox game app login is just not working and Metro requires it), and chastising myself for not playing enough proper rpgs.

I need to (and want to) but games like Ori are just much easier to play 30 minutes at a time. Although maybe it is not exactly that, rpgs start slower I think. Once it gets going and I'm into the story and characters it will be ok. Anyone else have that problem? I kind of catched the latest attention span disorder from the younger generation.

Last edited:
Severance_-_Blade_of_Darkness_Coverart.png

For some reason I felt nostalgic for this game from the past, which I never actually managed to finish. So I'm going to give it another go. Severance: Blade of Darkness.

I'm shocked how well this has aged, especially gameplay-wise. It's superb. And it was very much ahead of its time. You can clearly see loads of elements that have made it into current day Dark Souls. Especially the brutal combat, and the maps which sometimes wind back on themselves.

Too bad you can only get this version on GOG. It's a real gem that should be in Steam also, to get further recognition. I'm curious why the publisher isn't doing anything. Codemasters are still alive right? Doing racing games I believe? Sad that these sorts of games tend to be forgotten.

Still Outer Worlds and having a ball! It is the first game I role played(in sections) a ’bad’ character.

Outer Worlds is the first game I ever went out of my way to lie for the sheer fun of it. I often took that choice even when I had other options. Something about the game encouraged it in me.

Severance_-_Blade_of_Darkness_Coverart.png

I'm shocked how well this has aged, especially gameplay-wise. It's superb. And it was very much ahead of its time. You can clearly see loads of elements that have made it into current day Dark Souls. Especially the brutal combat, and the maps which sometimes wind back on themselves.

Too bad you can only get this version on GOG. It's a real gem that should be in Steam also, to get further recognition. I'm curious why the publisher isn't doing anything. Codemasters are still alive right? Doing racing games I believe? Sad that these sorts of games tend to be forgotten.

Indeed ahead of its time and you can see the source material for Dark Souls.

I think that the original spanish developer formed MercurySteam, who developed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 and 2. I highly recommend Lords of Shadow 2 for the brilliant story, characters, voice overs, level design and competent game and combat mechanics (not played the first Lords of Shadow).

Outer Worlds is the first game I ever went out of my way to lie for the sheer fun of it. I often took that choice even when I had other options. Something about the game encouraged it in me.
Strange, without reading here I was also set on lying and bluffing my way through the game. I guess the corporate setting doesn't make you feel as guilty. In fact I consider myself the good guy here :)

Though I'm considering putting it on hold. It feels a bit too choppy (inconsistent fps) on my system because of UWP with steam streaming. Maybe I will buy it on epic at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom