Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Coming Out on PC

But what about games that can't be played on new Playstations? If I remember right, PS4 can play PS3 games but not PS2 - so couldn't Sony start converting those to PC? Once they stop selling PS4s, could they start porting PS3 games? (Or even PS4 games if, for some reason, there's no backward compatibility at all.)
Of course they could. But they'd lose the customers buying the PS for the reason that most games won't ever be ported to PC.
Of course I have no idea if would actually be economic. We'd need the numbers and predict customer behavior. I just wanted to say (for the last time I promise ;) ) that there is a reason not to port games on PC.

This announcement is only for a baseball game series - disappointing. I was looking forward to HZD, Bloodborne, God of War, last of us, Infamous .. etc.

It would be nice to see some of these games that seem to be limited to crappy consoles showing up for computer owners, but I've been hoping for that to happen for years and it really hasn't as of yet. I'm happy for the ones that have made the transition, games like Trails and Disgaea give me a little hope for the future.

This announcement is only for a baseball game series - disappointing. I was looking forward to HZD, Bloodborne, God of War, last of us, Infamous .. etc.

Yes true but this might pave the way for others to come to PC as well.

It would be nice to see some of these games that seem to be limited to crappy consoles showing up for computer owners, but I've been hoping for that to happen for years and it really hasn't as of yet. I'm happy for the ones that have made the transition, games like Trails and Disgaea give me a little hope for the future.

Not sure when was the last time you owned a console but they are not crap these days as they are all but PC's these days and LOT better and cheaper than a budget/average PCs. Yes top end PC are better but lets not be silly and discounts consoles as they have their purpose. The best thing is to own both!

Not sure when was the last time you owned a console but they are not crap these days as they are all but PC's these days and LOT better and cheaper than a budget/average PCs. Yes top end PC are better but lets not be silly and discounts consoles as they have their purpose. The best thing is to own both!

I totally agree. I would call them "Entertainment Systems". I have had a PS3 and it was more than a console for the family:
- running games for ALL family
- Minecraft (split-screen local co-op - priceless)
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- Family web brower
- Children use the internet in the living room to do their home work, watch cartoons .. etc.

They have more features that we don't use as well. So they are not useless particularly if you have a family.

I think you've misunderstood the article. Unfortunately, that announcement is specifically about non-Playstation consoles.

Hmm thats good point! It seems I got too excited :) But here is hoping...

That's 30FPS at best. If we wanted that, we'd have bought Nintendo Gameboy already. :)

Jason Schreier got the confirmation from three sources that the rumor is true. So far his sources were always correct.
https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569
The PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn will come to personal computers this year, sources tell Kotaku. It’s an unprecedented move for Sony that signals a future in which the publisher releases games on platforms beyond its own consoles.

This news comes from three people familiar with Sony’s plans, all speaking anonymously because they were not authorized to talk to press. Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

giphy.gif

That cold attitude doesn't suit you.
Cmon, join the happy dance!

W0000t!!
That cold attitude doesn't suit you.
Course it does!! Look at those cool sunglasses he has on all the time!

I always thought those aren't really classic glasses but arse aching detectors. :D

Back
Top Bottom