Pillars of Eternity - Patch 3.03 Live, New Novella

Aubrielle

Noveliste
After a month in beta, Pillars of Eternity's patch 3.03 is live. A new novella from Chris Avellone has also been released, and comes with the patch.

Pillars%20of%20Eternity%20J.jpg

After more than a month in Beta, patch v3.03 for Pillars of Eternity has been released officially on Steam and GOG. The patch's changelog hasn't been released yet, though it's likely to closely match the notes offered for the beta.

The patch also includes Chris Avellone's novella for the title, which is called The House of Wael and comes in both e-book and audiobook form. I haven't had the chance to start reading it yet, but it was a long time coming, and questions about its release were frequent on both Obsidian's boards and Chris Avellone's twitter account. Hopefully it will be satisfying for those who have been looking forward to it since the Kickstarter campaign, all the way back in 2012.
More information.

This patch is around 1.3 GB size (at least, it was what Steam downloaded here on my side). So, if you have internet caps, be prepared... :)

Yeah! Now I got a novella to read.

They're still patching it with massive patches? That's quite impressive. Are there any reviews out there for the novella? Any word at all on its quality?

The patch itself is small; gog had it as something like 21mb (15 for the game and 3 each for part 1 and part 2 of white march). I wonder if steam had trouble with white march and redownloaded it.

Obsdian has been quite good with post launch support. Imagine that I finished the game when it was still 1.X or something. :)

Maybe now it is time for a second playthrough with all the expansion content. Should be a fun experience to see how different the game is now. :)

Let me know if combat is no longer a melee AoE rugby scrum. I've been meaning to check myself but haven't found the time.

Wow Avellone takes his time. I forgot he was supposed to write one its been so long. Wasn't he supposed to do one for Wasteland 2??

Wow Avellone takes his time. I forgot he was supposed to write one its been so long. Wasn't he supposed to do one for Wasteland 2??

Avellone said he did his part long time ago and sent it for review to Obsidian but they stalled it than.

As for patch, my steam is not downloading any patch now that I came home and turned on my PC.

Well, it's better late than never. But, I can't fault Chris Avellone too much… We all know he's been very busy the past few years and probably bit off more than he could chew.

Is there a new manual that reflects all the change to gameplay and rules in all the patches since release or do you just have to read the manual and then all the change logs?

It's called Sawyer's Book of Balanced Gameplay Mechanics. Still being updated. :p

Is there a new manual that reflects all the change to gameplay and rules in all the patches since release or do you just have to read the manual and then all the change logs?

Nah. The way to go is to just play the game and not give it too much thought because Obsidian haven't either :biggrin: .

Finally I can play the game! I started my first playthrough a few weeks ago (I bought the game 1.5 years before it was released) and then I read this patch is coming. So.. here I go!

Nah. The way to go is to just play the game and not give it too much thought because Obsidian haven't either :biggrin: .

With respect, the company clearly documents the changes with every patch in a changelog, so the information isn't particularly difficult to obtain.

Too bad they didn't update the manual, I'm a bit of a min maxer so knowing all the numbers and how they work factors into my enjoyment of the game.

No biggie though I'll just have to read a bit more and dig a little deeper to learn all the numbers.

Too bad they didn't update the manual, I'm a bit of a min maxer so knowing all the numbers and how they work factors into my enjoyment of the game.

No biggie though I'll just have to read a bit more and dig a little deeper to learn all the numbers.

The wiki has all the data and is still being updated.

I agree - I really wish they would release a proper updated manual reflecting how the game has changed since release. It shouldn't be that much trouble to update a PDF.

Back
Top Bottom