Behind the Horizon - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Behind the Horizon

Default Behind the Horizon

April 21st, 2021, 16:39
Okay, the first few posts talk about it being mostly a farming game and that being the backbone. Has this changed? All the last screenshots are of dungeons, which is interesting. All of the first screenshots make it look like farmville or Stardew Valley which I wouldn't touch with a 10' hoe.

If this has moved into a combat/skills/exploration/loot game, I might be interested even with the 1990 graphics. However, I'm not into farming much. I did play Balrum for hours but hated the farming parts and mostly skipped them. Any Watcher play both this and Balrum and want to compare?

Also, if anyone has played; how good is the English translation?
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

April 22nd, 2021, 07:50
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Okay, the first few posts talk about it being mostly a farming game and that being the backbone. Has this changed? All the last screenshots are of dungeons, which is interesting. All of the first screenshots make it look like farmville or Stardew Valley which I wouldn't touch with a 10' hoe.

If this has moved into a combat/skills/exploration/loot game, I might be interested even with the 1990 graphics. However, I'm not into farming much. I did play Balrum for hours but hated the farming parts and mostly skipped them. Any Watcher play both this and Balrum and want to compare?

Also, if anyone has played; how good is the English translation?
------------------

Hello,

Behind the Horizon is an RPG with farming, nature simulation and huge dungeons, which are also important in playing the story. You can't play it without farming, but you can choose how much attention you want to pay to it.
As for the English translation: so far no one has complained about it, so I assume it's ok ;-) !

Jadawin1

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 22nd, 2021, 14:17
Thanks, @Jadawin1. I figured the English would be okay since your posts are quite understandable.

I have no idea what nature simulation even would be. Unless the world is Earth-sized, it's really hard to simulate true weather. Are you saying tides are affected by lunar cycles, that a forest can catch fire via lightning strike, that tornadoes will form when cool air comes down on top of a warm front, etc.?

Most games just mean it rains and snows.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2021, 08:22
Yes, it rains and snows (and the snow stays) ;-) and there is also a lot more in terms of climate and weather. But the main part of the nature simulation concerns soil, plants and animal life. Everything reproduces and dies again. So it is a cycle of life and the world changes permanently. This affects the whole world. I would have liked to integrate the complexity you mention, but that would be absolutely incomprehensible and a game should not completely overwhelm the player with complex algorithms. Rather, everyone should be able to understand everything after a while.

Jadawin1

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Behind the Horizon