What games are you playing now?

Frozen State: Survival game with rpg elements like skills and leveling.
I've looked at this game before, but never followed through. It's as cheap as chips, but the complaints about abysmal controls put me off. Are the controls really that bad?

The camera controls are a little wonky. There is a slight delay where the field of view isn't where your head is facing. It doesn't bother me that much, but if those types of things are your trigger, then it might just drive you nuts. It really doesn't matter which way you're facing during combat. You will swing/fire where the mouse cursor (green circle) is located.

Another attempt to finish Divinity: OS2.
I simply cannot cope with the game's IMHO misplaced whimsical tone, so restarted AGAIN. Now I'm playing a solo Ifan assassin build, and will try to stay in role: e.g. a no-nonsense, lone wolf assassin on a mission. Will do lots of sneaking, and will stay out of silly side quests.
Am curious if the game is playable this way.

I've been sinking time into Dragon Age Inquisition. There's a lot to like about it, but all the fetching 5s of this and 10sof that and closing 3 portals there etc is getting a bit wearing. I'm invested enough to see it through, but I'm starting to look forward to just getting it finished.

I was playing the old but great Painkiller game, and recently went back to continue playing Deus Ex Human Revolution. This game is massive, especially to someone like me, who tends to investigate all the nooks and crannies in games. I already have 48 hours in gameplay time, and maybe still only about halfway through the game.

I did use a cheat where I got massive ammo for my favorite rifle in the game, because I got tired and annoyed at how I kept running out of ammo midway through a level. The game is a lot more fun now because I like playing it as a guns blazin' first person shooter instead of the stealth play style.

I have been playing Mass Effect 3. I had decided I didn't want to buy it originally because of all the issues it faced, and then forgot about it.

I got the Origin Basic game pass and the game is included, so I thought I might as well. I forgot so much about my decisions now though, but it's a fun game.

I feel like they could have improved on the RPG progression a bit more, which they tried doing by giving more skill variety, but maybe add some speech and stealth skills rather than all combat skills. Anyway, it's a fun game.

For personal reasons, and to avoid complete loss of credibility, I refuse to admit what game I'm playing now. All I will say is that the joxer won't like it.

pibbur whose credibility may already be gone since he was one of the few who actually completed MM9 (and to some degree liked it better than MMn, n=6,7,8)

Another attempt to finish Divinity: OS2.
I simply cannot cope with the game's IMHO misplaced whimsical tone, so restarted AGAIN. Now I'm playing a solo Ifan assassin build, and will try to stay in role: e.g. a no-nonsense, lone wolf assassin on a mission. Will do lots of sneaking, and will stay out of silly side quests.
Am curious if the game is playable this way.

It is, mostly. There are a few spots that will require you to get temporary companions to solve puzzles but it's possible although playing as an undead is easier. I got to the end of chapter 3 that way. My problem with the game is the crazy loot/damage inflation near the end, plus the Source mechanism. I've never been able to finish it. I love the beginning but always end up rage quitting at the end.

Playing Celestian Tales - Old North followed by Celestian Tales - Realms Beyond.

For personal reasons, and to avoid complete loss of credibility, I refuse to admit what game I'm playing now. All I will say is that the joxer won't like it.
That'd be either World of Warcraft or Destiny/Anthem.

I have been playing Mass Effect 3. … Anyway, it's a fun game.

It is. A very competent midcore cover shooter with a cheesy storyline.
Do not treat it as an RPG (it is not) and do not expect serious story (it is late Bioware with the worst of space opera clichés ), and you'll be just fine.

Finally: the original "best ending"
synthesis
is perfectly okay, don't break a sweat when you read comments such as "underwhelming", and "betrayed the series".

It is. A very competent midcore cover shooter with a cheesy storyline.
Do not treat it as an RPG (it is not) and do not expect serious story (it is late Bioware with the worst of space opera clichés ), and you'll be just fine.

Finally: the original "best ending"
synthesis
is perfectly okay, don't break a sweat when you read comments such as "underwhelming", and "betrayed the series".
Well I do consider it an rpg for my set of rpg criteria but I understand why some people wouldn't.
:)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Finished Deus Ex: Revision in 100 hours then went straight into DX Invisible War and finished that in 24. I totally agree with a Steam review that says everything that is wrong with DX:IW stems from it being designed for consoles. Graphics a big step up from the original, but everything else is reduced: truncated story, skills AWOL, small maps. I will play Human Revolution and Mankind Divided soon but for now I'm making my son happy by playing through Borderlands 1, and Pre-Sequel.

Sword Legacy: Omen (2018), one of my prizes from the RPGWatch raffle.

It's a linear mission-based game that kinda-is and kinda-isn't an RPG kinda-thing. You have a good roster of characters, all of which have their own level-up system, but they're all pre-designed and there's no player input into character creation. They go on adventures, but it's via very tightly controlled missions that it calls quests, like, it says "start quest?" and click yes, and you walk around a very short map, learn a bit of story and fight a couple of set-piece combat encounters and it says "quest completed" and takes you back to a management screen, where you can shop, level-up and etc.

Somewhat awkwardly there's no save slots. You can just press save and exit the game, it's one of those games where you find 'save-points' in the game world during quest (missions). It also saves automatically outside of quests.

I've done quite a few quests so far and so far it's enjoyable enough and at this point I'm not regretting my key-choice in the raffle and am actually quite happy indeed. So far, of course.

Late to the party V345876 edition: Crosscode
An amusing indie title -- love the battles and pixel art, but after 5+ hours, the highly praised story is nowhere to be found. Will continue playing

Havimg another crack at Pathfinder Kingmaker whilst I wait for Knights of the Chalice 2 to patch. I've beaten Chapter 1 twice already over the last year and enjoyed it, but then given up when it gets to the kingdom management stuff. Maybe I'll stick it out this time. I've gone with a knife master.

Back
Top Bottom