DA:I Dragon Age: Inquisition - interesting reveal video

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Just wondered if anyone had seen this video-clip yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAEUFjq2K4

It's quite old now, so it probably has been perused before, but I'd never seen it.

There definitely seems to be an attempt by Bioware here to deliver a heck of a lot more than DA2 - but is it still... I dunno... the correct flavour?

I'm more looking forward to trying the game from having watched this vid anyway either way. How about you?

I'm not interested in Bioware vids.
Unless only Claudia Black is in it.

I've seen it before, I believe it was in a news bit or some such thing. It's quite interesting, and shows a lot of promise.

Mmm, too much ambition, and already some bad clues. They want made Skyrim+ the fools (one more team after The Witcher one), good luck but almost certain failure for me. Did I mentioned Skyrim amazed me during like 30 hours, then I realized most of the fun was pure tourism, 30 next hours was ok, then I realized the combats was tedious and I had difficulty to keep interested in story/stories and characters, 20 more hours that was tedious, then I started realized companions/pets was based on an awfully fake system, and after 10 more boring hours, I gave up.

DAI is looking for the same wrong exploration design, mainly tourism and boring walking/running. Companions are mainly puppets and overall the gameplay is too much diluted among long tedious walking. Well they could surprise me anyway but the Skyrim path is the worst design decision they could have done.

EDIT: Instead of looking at Skyrim they should look at Eschalon Book 3 to learn what is a good exploration design.

Mmm, too much ambition, and already some bad clues. They want made Skyrim+ the fools (one more team after The Witcher one), good luck but almost certain failure for me. Did I mentioned Skyrim amazed me during like 30 hours, then I realized most of the fun was pure tourism, 30 next hours was ok, then I realized the combats was tedious and I had difficulty to keep interested in story/stories and characters, 20 more hours that was tedious, then I started realized companions/pets was based on an awfully fake system, and after 10 more boring hours, I gave up.

DAI is looking for the same wrong exploration design, mainly tourism and boring walking/running. Companions are mainly puppets and overall the gameplay is too much diluted among long tedious walking. Well they could surprise me anyway but the Skyrim path is the worst design decision they could have done.

EDIT: Instead of looking at Skyrim they should look at Eschalon Book 3 to learn what is a good exploration design.

You spent 90 hours on Skyrim and you are complaining? At least you got your money's worth compared to many rpgs nowadays.

Moreover, it took you 90 hours to realise that Skyrim is no more than a very nice character creation tool and a hiking simulator with interesting things to do at the stops?:biggrin:

The number of hours isn't all, for sure 90 hours was fine even if not cheap with the collector edition, but for me a RPG duration is only a minor element and I don't remember very well but at best I had a really good fun only during 20/30 hours.

What I was meaning isn't that Skyrim is an average RPG, it is clearly impressive and for me good stuff but I won't put it in my top ten. The point is Bethesda is expert pro in such RPG huge and very open, not at all Bioware nor The Witcher teams and I feel there's a good chance they fail in trying their Skyrim clone. I keep fingers crossed they succeed or perhaps even will do better and I consider the writing of those both teams is better. But I have low faith in their success, it smells too much ambitions.

But there's different type of RPG players, I recently finished played Shadowrun Dragonfall and I had a huge great time, quite better than Skyrim and clearly will be a more important remembering for me. So for me open world is better if possible but empty landscapes and long walks and fillers and tedious generated combats and more are often flawing my fun in such RPG. For sure for RPG players for which wide open world is very important no matter the price, that was a great news that The Witcher and Dragon Age teams was going to do their Skyrim clone.

Back
Top Bottom