Final Fantasy XV Demo Video

The tutorial might be skipped as later on, fighting situations (among other things) give a proper introduction.

The sprinting bar is another delicate feature: the game is designed to fit western tastes, it is basically a US american type road trip. Which means that travelling is part of the experience.
Players are invited to enjoy the time spent in travelling.

The sprinting bar exists to avoid players escaping a fight by running away from it.
It also deprives players from rushing the travelling part.

It is nothing new: players do not like features, they cant govern themselves and get into experiences with features they do not like, wishing for the features not to be.

Players who do not like a road trip vibe are going to suffer.

I'd take roadkill over roadtrip any day.

Apparently this is not true. Everything I read talks lot about how the combat can get very difficult if you don't pay attention, use your party abilities properly etc. Its not an easy game by any means.

Simplistic combat doesn't mean the encounters can't be hard.

Combat is driven by 3 buttons: one for attacking, one for defensive maneuvers and one for interacting with abilities/party members. Everything else is timing and context.

edit: Note that it doesn't mean it is not fun to use. Well minus the camera being unruly and not always where you want it.

Last edited:
Combat is driven by 3 buttons: one for attacking, one for defensive maneuvers and one for interacting with abilities/party members.

Square Enix employees' hands:

alien-hands.jpg

Simplistic combat doesn't mean the encounters can't be hard.

Combat is driven by 3 buttons: one for attacking, one for defensive maneuvers and one for interacting with abilities/party members. Everything else is timing and context.

edit: Note that it doesn't mean it is not fun to use. Well minus the camera being unruly and not always where you want it.

These reviews use a weird measure to determine what simplistic combat is.
Would be interesting to know how they qualify "ugoigo" combat that can be played by clicking one button only.

They also failed to include the buttons to lock the enemy, to blink/teleport, use items.

Combat is divided in attack/defense. There is not much more to do about that.
Which is more than "ugoigo" products that limit combat to attack only. Defense in FFXV is split over parry/dodge/take cover.

That is a bit of a current issue: players declare to want something yet when given, can not assume what they ask for.

It is good to declare that something is simplistic. It is better to be able to manage those simplistic forms.

Before running, it takes to walk.

Apparently this is not true. Everything I read talks lot about how the combat can get very difficult if you don't pay attention, use your party abilities properly etc. Its not an easy game by any means.

I watched quite a bit of it...mixed bag, you could call it. The good: animations, visuals, , team work abilities, creature design and boss fights.
The bad: overwhelming visual effects( making it a messy clusterfuck at times), limited magic, companion AI( though it can be funny), camera and generally works not so well when dealing with a lot of enemies.

This is another typical example of Internet sheep binary way of thinking.

I watched quite a bit of it…mixed bag, you could call it. The good: animations, visuals, , team work abilities, creature design and boss fights.
The bad: overwhelming visual effects( making it a messy clusterfuck at times), limited magic, companion AI( though it can be funny), camera and generally works not so well when dealing with a lot of enemies.

Sums up my experience with the combat pretty much. I'd add the wait-system to the good-things list, it allows you to pause the combat and check enemies for weakneses. Adds a decent strategic element.

The more I see of this game the more I want to give it a try. I'd probably have already purchased it if I owned a PS4.

The world is really bizarre and intriguing at the same time. Why are people driving around in 21st Century automobiles yet fighting with swords?

The more I see of this game the more I want to give it a try. I'd probably have already purchased it if I owned a PS4.

The world is really bizarre and intriguing at the same time. Why are people driving around in 21st Century automobiles yet fighting with swords?

You haven't played any FF game before? All of their games( of the ones I've played) are ridiculously weird and full of contradictions.

You haven't played any FF game before? All of their games( of the ones I've played) are ridiculously weird and full of contradictions.

The earlier games weren't like that. The weird mixing of low and high tech didn't start until FF7. I feel like it stands out more in this game though due to the overall realism.

If I had to compare the world to any of the past games, I'd say it seems more like FF8 than any of the others.

Based on what I have seen and read, it looks like I will be giving this a go as well. Come to think of it, this will be my first JRPG :)

I have already seen the anime and the movie and in some ways I sort of like these contradictions in their world setting because it all feels wired and something new which I have not tried before. It also helps with immersion as well provided you accept these contradictions.

The weird mixing of low and high tech didn't start until FF7.
Depends on what low and high tech mean. Previous to 7 episodes mix technology levels. Higher levels of technology were not as high as XV but they did not fit low tech level.

The more I see of this game the more I want to give it a try.
Sooner or later you, and everyone else, will admit that hair, and not just sex, sells.
Some CEOs will still fail not realizing it (Division, Titanfall2, WatchDogs2).

My problem is that beside hair I see absolutely nothing else that'd mean FF15 is worth at least a dime. In fact everything else is turnoff, especially the most idiotic design I've seen in a singleplayer game - to grind "secret" dungeons you need to finish already supershort main story.

Based on what I have seen and read, it looks like I will be giving this a go as well. Come to think of it, this will be my first JRPG :)

The fact that your first JRPG isn't Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or Persona 4 makes me very, very sad. ;)

The fact that your first JRPG isn't Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or Persona 4 makes me very, very sad. ;)

Actually I lied, the first ever game I played is Zelda on SNES so I guess that my first ever JRPG!

I never had the chance to play any other JRPGs and I guess that cos I never owned another console after SNES.

I have added Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky to my steam wishlist but it seems Persona 4 is not available for PC or PS4 :(

Actually I lied, the first ever game I played is Zelda on SNES so I guess that my first ever JRPG!

I never had the chance to play any other JRPGs and I guess that cos I never owned another console after SNES.

I have added Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky to my steam wishlist but it seems Persona 4 is not available for PC or PS4 :(
I never played Zelda but that's not really a JRPG, that's just an action/adventure game I think?

Emulators are a wonderful thing...;)

There is no Playstation4 emulator on PC.
Why? Because performance would be better than on actual playstation.

There is no Playstation4 emulator on PC.
Why? Because performance would be better than on actual playstation.

Persona 4 is for PS2! :D Win-win. :)

Okay I could bite... Maybe... Any orgies in it? :evilgrin:

Back
Top Bottom