Recommend me CRPGs to start and finish

the story is fully coherent including ending, what's your problem with it?

Might just be depending on your decisions. In my case nothing made any sense story wise. It made sense in a purely mechanical way, and if you chose a certain ending it also works, but not with the other ending.
Can't get clearer at that point without spoiling anything. ^^

Edit:
As far as I remember, one or two of the quests of the companions did not make too much sense story wise and were somewhat counter intuitive. In the end there was one "right way" to make them loyal and one wrong way. And in the very end, when you basically confronted the final fight you had a choice to make.
However how your companions acted at that point was not logic but mechanics based. So lets say that one of the Companions wanted to end Avadon - he would not help you to do so, if he wasn't loyal to you. It was just a pure check of "loyal-yes/no" and the decision did not matter for their action. Unfortunately I do not recall the exact details. That was before I started recording everything.

Last edited:
Might just be depending on your decisions. In my case nothing made any sense story wise. It made sense in a purely mechanical way, and if you chose a certain ending it also works, but not with the other ending.
Can't get clearer at that point without spoiling anything. ^^
What they removed the spoiler tag on the new forum? I thought it was just a color change (nice for ugly, but who care).

There's perhaps something I didn't follow, some details, some links. Go on, try again, I bet spoiler tag are still here, and it's just the same old forum with an ugly color.

EDIT: I just realized, is it supposed to be pink, in hope of attracting more females? If it is it's a big fail, it looks more like some cheat half washed, classic paper toilet color.

And added as edit, so it doesnt get quoted, which would remove the spoiler tag. ^^

And added as edit, so it doesnt get quoted, which would remove the spoiler tag. ^^
Not enough details, ok I won't argue, myself I didn't noticed, nor I had to explore options to keep with me those I wanted keep. Could not have notice some details. For me there's more emotions in Avadon 1, and I found that discovering the lore in the 1 was rather more interesting and intriguing, than this lore developed in the 2.

Witcher 3 and Gothic 1 are such radically different games. I'm not going to say one is better than the other but it is easy to see how some people prefer one over the other.

If I had to pick just 2:

1) Ultima 7 (with all expansions)

2) A tie between Gothic 1 and Witcher 3. Pick one.

That is among those bellow, the question is why you forgot each, and not those you didn't forgot. I'll admit there's eventually some intruders in the list bellow, but in my point of view, there's also some in your two lists, so.
Yes all good games on your list. :nod:

I make no excuses except I was tired of copy pasting game names.

Yes all good games on your list. :nod:

I make no excuses except I was tired of copy pasting game names.
Ha, I knew I'll finally find a second fan of Dungeon Lords, we should setup a club to help promote the remake.

I see Might & Magic VI recommended extensively here. One of the most satisfying cRPGs I ever played but, boy, by endgame your balls are going to be bigger than 5-man orbs at at Russian zorbing event. I killed the Big Bad Boss of the game within the first 2 frames of her animation and barely got a look at her. It takes the fun out of a long RPG when you're far far too powerful half-way through. Still a fun game but its immediate sequel - M&M7 Blood & Honor - corrected a lot of the balancing issues in M&M6 though I grew bored and quit by the last third.

Battletech: Crescent Hawk's Inception. 1988

Good user interface. Functional graphics that haven't suffered the ravages of time. Interesting story in a famous and respected setting. You can stop at the entrance to the maze, because nobody should have to experience that train wreck.

Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome. Not sure of the release date; 2000?

Improved Ultima 7 engine. Unique and historical setting. Interesting story that you can easily follow, but you can also go and explore a bit, too. Interesting mechanics. If you tire of it all, just retire to your farm and bother your slave.

Oh man, that maze in Crescent Hawk's Inception still gives me nightmares. Overall though, an excellent game, one I would instantly purchase should it ever show up on great old games.

Oh man, that maze in Crescent Hawk's Inception still gives me nightmares. Overall though, an excellent game, one I would instantly purchase should it ever show up on great old games.

They even have it running in a browser now:

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/battletech-the-crescent-hawk-s-inception-ev/play-ev

I bought it decades ago as part of a four pack of games, great stuff. Did you ever get the urbanmech?

As for the maze... yeah. I just quit whenever I find the maze, reveal the whole over-world map, and get bored of the random combat.

Back
Top Bottom