|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer

Default Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer

August 11th, 2018, 11:46
Looks impressive!

souha13

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 19:11
I recently bought GTA 5 on the PC and frankly, I'm really torn when it comes to these games.

On the one hand, the detail and breadth of the world in GTA 5 is really, really impressive. I often boot it up to just drive around and take things in. The story-telling, characters and voice acting are also top notch.

On the other hand, the nature of the stories are much less appealing to me… generally revolving around being a really awful person. As well, the control system on the PC sucks… driving works great with a controller but is awful on K&M and the reverse is true for combat. So you either choose between controller and K&M and suffer on one end of gameplay for it, or switch back and forth constantly.

For RDR2, if they could improve the control system (ie. make horse riding ok with K&M), I'd be very interested in this. For some reason, being a badass motherf****r in the Wild West bothers me less than doing drive-by's in LA.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 19:18
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
I recently bought GTA 5 on the PC and frankly, I'm really torn when it comes to these games.

On the one hand, the detail and breadth of the world in GTA 5 is really, really impressive. I often boot it up to just drive around and take things in. The story-telling, characters and voice acting are also top notch.

On the other hand, the nature of the stories are much less appealing to me… generally revolving around being a really awful person. As well, the control system on the PC sucks… driving works great with a controller but is awful on K&M and the reverse is true for combat. So you either choose between controller and K&M and suffer on one end of gameplay for it, or switch back and forth constantly.

For RDR2, if they could improve the control system (ie. make horse riding ok with K&M), I'd be very interested in this. For some reason, being a badass motherf****r in the Wild West bothers me less than doing drive-by's in LA.
Yeah, I don't care for the Rockstar style of humor or characters, either. They're all variations of despicable.

I completed it, but didn't particularly enjoy the story or the characters.

Adore the freedom, though - and I think GTA Online is very good indeed, but you have to be into that sort of thing.

It's a strange beast, because it's technically marvelous. Amazing what's going on in that world - and what you can do.

If only it was supportive of a more interesting story or a more meaningful way of progressing.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 19:38
They confirmed they will add a GTA like online mode, which is a huge market to the streaming community. Coming to the PC. PC players are more interested in acting than playing.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 19:53
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
So I'm proud to say I've never played a GTA game as I don't really care to be the bad guy, kill cops, etc.
Must severely reduced the options of products to play.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

August 11th, 2018, 20:04
Good thing we have chien to keep us up to date on the streaming community we’re all so interested in.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 20:08
And the service is delivered free of charge. This site is as hot for products designed for streamers as it is for UGOIGO products. So kind of giving back to the community and stuff.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

August 11th, 2018, 20:10
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
PC players are more interested in acting than playing.
One PC player is more interested in playing videogames than whatever else. Me.
But I'm not interested in playing or whatever else Red Dead Redemption Online. That scam they can use to milk their mother's tit. These here they can't milk.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)

August 11th, 2018, 20:15
More interested in acting than playing, does that mean Chien thinks players want to be actors, or actually in the games? I'm quite confused by the comment or where you'd get that idea to begin with.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

August 11th, 2018, 20:23
Once you turn your head trying to make sense of a Chien statement, pretty soon you'll be spinning in a wheel of madness.

Instead of hearing Brando going "The horror…. the horror…" - you'll hear him going "The streaming….. the streaming…"!

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

August 11th, 2018, 21:04
And the service is delivered free of charge. This site is as hot for products designed for streamers as it is for UGOIGO products. So kind of giving back to the community and stuff.
Streaming and UGOIGO! In one post. Thanks, you’ve made my day.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 12th, 2018, 03:30
Originally Posted by you View Post
Does the console version have good kb/m controls ?
We'll have to wait and see… Xbox One keyboard and mouse support coming soon!

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2…o-the-xbox-one

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 12th, 2018, 05:19
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
We'll have to wait and see… Xbox One keyboard and mouse support coming soon!

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2…o-the-xbox-one
I’ll be interested to see if devs support k&m on console.

Ps4 has K&m support and fornite is one of the few games that you can play with it. They already are having problems with K&m players dominating controller players and are now looking for ways to segregate k&M from controller to keep it fair.

I wonder how many devs will go through the trouble or just not deal with it and only support controller.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 12th, 2018, 08:15
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I’ll be interested to see if devs support k&m on console. …
Since the XB1 is really just a Win10 PC, it'll be easier to implement so it should have a higher adoption rate than on the PS4. I expect we'll see traditional PC franchises make the move to XB1, especially TBS/RTS such as the upcoming Civ7 and Age of Empires IV since they could double or triple sales with a simple recompile.

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

August 12th, 2018, 08:30
Since the XB1 is really just a Win10 PC, it'll be easier to implement so it should have a higher adoption rate than on the PS4. I expect we'll see traditional PC franchises make the move to XB1, especially TBS/RTS such as the upcoming Civ7 and Age of Empires IV since they could double or triple sales with a simple recompile.
Yeah, but can you use any keyboard or does it have to be their own proprietary K&M?

What I've played of RDR 1 seemed pretty smooth with a gamepad. The only parts I struggled with were when I had to shoot things from horseback.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 12th, 2018, 12:55
Since the XB1 is really just a Win10 PC
I can't understand where these come from. The other day someone declared jaguar being x86 and then didn't provide PC with that garbage used as CPU inside it.
Even if jaguar was desirable PC "component", dx on xb is completely different from one in windows - that's one of reasons developers are more interested in vulkan which is the same on any platform, even on phones if they ever support it.
Please don't mention uwp rubbish. That's one of Microsoft's fails as the masterplan was to use it on windows phones then degrade both PC windows and whatever OS is on Xbox(es) - windows phone was recently killed off by the very Microsoft.
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah, but can you use any keyboard or does it have to be their own proprietary K&M?
You can hook up any blutooth keyboard on any phone. I have such rubber one and am always taking it with me when going on trip without laptop as it's easier to type e-mails that way.
Consoles are supposed to be superior to phones thus should be capable of the same thing. But then again I might be very wrong. Consoles in order to remain as cheap as possible, use some at least decade old technology inside them (example I always use: SATA2).
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; August 12th, 2018 at 13:08.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

August 12th, 2018, 15:30
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
More interested in acting than playing, does that mean Chien thinks players want to be actors, or actually in the games?
Players desire to be in the product, they associate tightly to their avatar, so much they can not bear when the avatar is that skin colour or the companion is that mind set etc The avatar is them, the avatar's choices must be their choices.

In a product like TW3, players navigate through scripted lines (players do not even write their own lines) voiced by professional actors who lend what players do not have: acting talent.

GTA5, the game, is not that streamed. What is hugely streamed are acting sessions based on the online mode. Players go through cast distributions: players with no record go through an audition to know if they can perform this or that part, players with their own record cast their character. The story is discussed off stage to find out how players developp their characters etc

100 pc acting, zero gameplay.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
One PC player is more interested in playing videogames than whatever else. Me.
That would mean starting to play games.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

August 12th, 2018, 15:33
That would mean starting to play games.
Well, yeah.

Anyway, I'm playing some phonegame startrek mmo where a certain person has a nick Admiral Obvious. Pretty sure that ain't you Chien, you don't use phones for playing games IIRC.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

August 12th, 2018, 19:35
The short answer is you don't know. If I knew i wouldn't have asked the original question.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post

You can hook up any blutooth keyboard on any phone. I have such rubber one and am always taking it with me when going on trip without laptop as it's easier to type e-mails that way.
Consoles are supposed to be superior to phones thus should be capable of the same thing. But then again I might be very wrong. Consoles in order to remain as cheap as possible, use some at least decade old technology inside them (example I always use: SATA2).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 00:46
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
MS is partnering with Razer for an officially licensed K&M, but any USB keyboard and mouse will be supported that doesn't require special drivers. Fancy mice (excluding Razer's) would likely be limited to basic functionality.

Don't be surprised if certain games such as COD restrict K&M users to their own lobby or handicap them in some way, less XP for example, but that's up to game developers.

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer