NHL Playoffs 2018 Edition

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Its been a few years since we had this

Pick your series winners, the margins (like 4 games to 2 for example) and your top 10 point getters.

Well, so much for the Oilers, this time they won't even have the lottery to look forward to. Our hope now is McDavid being a certainty for the Ross trophy.

I'll be watching for the Jets, Flyers, Predators, Devils, or Capitols to make some noise and crush some bones in the next few weeks. Sharks, Kings, Penguins and Boston can all kindly go die in a low flame fire.

Well, so much for the Oilers, this time they won't even have the lottery to look forward to. Our hope now is McDavid being a certainty for the Ross trophy.

I'll be watching for the Jets, Flyers, Predators, Devils, or Capitols to make some noise and crush some bones in the next few weeks. Sharks, Kings, Penguins and Boston can all kindly go die in a low flame fire.

Considering the Art Ross is automatic. I think he deserves the Hart but Taylor Hall is not a bad second choice. I still can't understand why you guys traded him away. Salary?

McDavid though is like the when Jose Theodore won the Hart over Jerome Iginla. Who cares if the Habs made the playoffs that year. First, if the Flames were in the same conference they would have been better than two or three teams. More importantly, who would you have rather had your team?

--

Back to the current playoffs - how about that natural hatrick by Sid? :)

Crosby is at least Canadian, so I simply cannot dislike him too much. I was raised a Flyers fan and my oldest brother was a coach there in the seventies, so despite for Pittsburgh came honestly.

Hall had.....issues in the locker room, it isn't talked about too much, but he had to go, one way or another. We certainly didn't benefit in that trade, but it had to happen. Personally I'm glad to see him in an environment where he can succeed, and I wish him only the best. He is a rare talent, and I hope they thrash the Lightening, but I'm not holding my breath.

That was some great game in Vegas last night, congrats to the Knniggghhhttttssss!!!! Suck it, Kings, with any luck you'll be out of the playoffs real soon.

first round almost wrapped up. nearly every time I wanted won, except the Sharks. And of course, there's still the hope that an earthquake will swallow up Boston and TO.

Sharks, Bruins, Penguins, and Lightening need to all spontaneously burst into fire, then my victory shall commence!

Good lord it took my Bruins long enough to get a fire lit under their butts last night! I mean, sure 5 years ago that game 7 was thrilling ... but we didn’t need a repeat?!?!

Too bad for Toronto, but that's a squad full of young folk and superb athletes, I've no doubt they'll be back in contention soon enough. They had them, then sat back and lost it all, that's the example of lack of experience in that kind of situation.

Now I'll cheer Tampa for the first time like....ever. You can do it, Tampa. Lightening Bolt Lightening BOLT!!~

That Capitol Vs Penguin game, I'm just going to forget about that one. Ouch, it did leave a mark.

Now, the Vegas Vs San Jose, that wasn't a hockey game at all, more like a hockey clinic. There endeth the lesson, Sharks!

Yikes, that game last night was ouchy. Looks like the Sharks had their own version of game one, Vegas had plenty of opportunities to score but every time it was about to happen, two to three sharks were in the path. Hey, if you're going to copy a strategy, take a great one!

The Capitols will have an uphill battle today, Wilson got a three game suspension for that hit on Tuesday. It didn't look that egregious to me, but I will say I'm still flummoxed that a penalty wasn't called immediately. A lot of the referee calls for this series have been really inconsistent.

The Sharks really owned Vegas last night. Looks like they learned a thing or two. They seemed to have scouted Fleury's current weaknesses and came up with a game plan - score the first goal, and let them overpress - that Vegas can't handle. I'm guessing Thornton is going to retire - he might be skating but he is in no condition to return to play. Good thing to see the Lightning get their act together.

Yeah the Lightning had their way with the Bruins, but I think a lot of the success was due to how Boston was playing. They looked extremely sloppy, and I suspect they'll have fixed that before the next game. I don't really even have a horse in this race, but I really dislike Boston so, good luck Tampa!

An excellent game last night between Vegas and San Jose. There were some wicked hits received and delivered, and in the end the game could have been decided either way, which to me is the hallmark of a great clash. One more win and Vegas can cash in some chips for the next round of fun!

What a wonderful day of hockey, buh-bye Boston, cya later Sharks! Well done to both Tampa and Vegas, have a nice siesta until round three begins.

I was sort of rooting for San Jose since they've never won it. I'll be rooting for Washington now.

Good riddance to Boston, I hate teams from that city. Now I just want to see Pittsburgh lose. :evilgrin:

The Capitols have an excellent chance of making it to the next round. I remember they were the only hockey team left for me after the Skipjacks left Baltimore, I've always been a Flyers fan but that was quite a haul for just a game, so I didn't make many trips. I don't care for San Jose though, so not missed by me!!!

Go Knights Go!

I decided before the series even started that Las Vegas was going to win this Stanley cup for reasons. So no point taking for any other teams.

Back
Top Bottom