Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread - Page 5 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Default Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

September 28th, 2018, 04:46
Good to hear azarhal! I'm watching the Rams Vikings game, so I'm not playing yet. Off tomorrow though….
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

September 28th, 2018, 14:50
That was a great game last night! I stayed up past my bedtime just to see how it would finish.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

September 28th, 2018, 18:03
Did the vikings spear the rams ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

September 28th, 2018, 18:48
Not quite…..more like the Rams over-ran the Vikings and burned down all their yurts. Then sold them into slavery.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

September 28th, 2018, 20:52
Patch 1.0.2 release notes

And the nerfing as begun.

Also quests bugfixing.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 00:33
Did it require nerfing ?

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Patch 1.0.2 release notes

And the nerfing as begun.

Also quests bugfixing.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 01:18
Originally Posted by you View Post
Did it require nerfing ?
From my point of view, the two tutorial fights they nerfed didn't need it. The fear effect is annoying (but funny the first time) and the fight wasn't unwinnable without it. The monster change before the camping tutorial seem rather pointless, you'll camp anyway.

I don't mind them removing/nerfing some of the damage immunities and regeneration on easy/story mode.

For the boss with the reduced DR, the original DR10 was a bit much for level 2 I think, even if you could win it still. I personally haven't fought it yet, but that's where my party is going next so I get the nerfed version (boooo!).

The bug with random encounters rolling that resulted in things too higher for the party I never encounter before the patch, so I can't say how that affect things.

edit: Did the boss that original had DR10, with level2 party, he had DR0. He hits like a truck though, but went down easy, he doesn't have much HP.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
Last edited by azarhal; September 29th, 2018 at 02:07.

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 29th, 2018, 02:00
I don't think the game required nerfing. Someone else also mentioned it in one of the thread but basically, people complaining the game is too hard but refusing to lower the difficulty setting is just plain dumb and stupid.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 13:49
Ok, just beat the final boss with just under 60/90 days left (timer).

Anyone know if the map stays same or can I not reach some locations anymore after becoming baroness??
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

September 29th, 2018, 15:24
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Ok, just beat the final boss with just under 60/90 days left (timer).

Anyone know if the map stays same or can I not reach some locations anymore after becoming baroness??
You can visit that area and more as baroness. You can backtrack, explore new areas and more.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

September 29th, 2018, 21:17
Hotfix 1.0.3 (no hotfix tomorrow, devs are getting a break, they are working a bigger patch for next week though).

Hiring custom adventurers was fixed.
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 29th, 2018, 23:05
Hiring custom adventurers was fixed.
W00t, I say, W00t!
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

September 30th, 2018, 00:14
I decided to wait on a full playthrough at least until all the hotfixes are out. I haven't encountered any significant bugs, the most serious one is that every time I quit the game it crashes which would be no problem except the next time I launch the game it goes through the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" routine. I just don't want to run into something gamebreaking in the middle of my playthrough as that would ruin my fun. Otherwise, 8-9/10 game from my perspective.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 30th, 2018, 00:32
Mine crashes on exit too. Any way to fix that @azarhal or others?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

September 30th, 2018, 00:56
As far as I know, the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" is always there when you load the game, it's not related to crashes or issues.

I'm not crashing on exit, but I always use "exit to desktop". One person on Steam said he crashed on exit from the game menu, but not from the game via the "exit to desktop".
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 30th, 2018, 01:12
I'm also crashing on exit, I thought Owlcat would have fixed this, it was there since beta but that's the only crash I've experienced so far.
--

purpleblob

Princess

September 30th, 2018, 02:03
As far as I know, the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" is always there when you load the game, it's not related to crashes or issues.

I'm not crashing on exit, but I always use "exit to desktop". One person on Steam said he crashed on exit from the game menu, but not from the game via the "exit to desktop".
If the crash still makes the "first time loading" appear, it doesn't matter much to me. It crashes everytime I use exit to desktop but it doesn't affect anything much that I can tell.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

September 30th, 2018, 03:11
Well, I'm a happy camper now that I can create a custom companion or two. I'm running a full 6 person party, plus my pet. I created a Magus for a little firepower and have been doing a lot of exploration. I've run into the evil gnome a few times and I've run into one bandit that had an item that was wanted at Oleg's. My Sacred Huntsmaster is level 4 and I picked up Harrim the cleric.
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

September 30th, 2018, 03:22
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Well, I'm a happy camper now that I can create a custom companion or two. I'm running a full 6 person party, plus my pet. I created a Magus for a little firepower and have been doing a lot of exploration. I've run into the evil gnome a few times and I've run into one bandit that had an item that was wanted at Oleg's. My Sacred Huntsmaster is level 4 and I picked up Harrim the cleric.
Nice. I have Harrim wielding a massive trollkiller Axe and buffed his CON and AC. He's a decent front line fighter at level 6.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

September 30th, 2018, 10:07
Wow, that first mission in chapter 2 (spider related one) was one tough encounter. Moving onto troll quest now. So much things happening, I'm buzzing with excitement!!!
--

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread