Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer

Default Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer

December 7th, 2018, 14:28
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I watched it with the sound off…not quite sure what I was supposed to see?
If you didn't play DA2 (or don't remember anything about it) you would have no idea what they are showing. If you had sound up, you'll have heard a very important DA:I character said something that sound quite a bit like something said toward the very end of Trespasser.

That teaser gives lots of ammo to an old theory too (or two now that I think of it).

Oh and there was rumors a few days ago that the game is ~3 years away so it can released on the next consoles.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 14:42
I think:

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 14:55
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I think:

Spoiler
Spoiler
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 7th, 2018, 15:00
My reaction to this after DA1 would have been "YES! AWESOME!", after DA2 it would have been "Good, let's see what they do", today it's "meh".

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 15:25
Well if it is like ME:A it will likely be fun but not really an rpg per sey. The story will be a bit hollow but still if it is fun i'll buy hte game of hte year version with all the dlc a few years after release.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 16:00
I don't see me being interested in this game at all. Meanwhile, I keep firing up Dragon Age: Origins every two or so years, the only Dragon Age game that actually exists for me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 16:24
I honestly wasn't expecting a continuation of the DA story, but I'm glad we might finally get some answers. It certainly seems like it. Having played the DLC "Trespasser" is definitely required to understand anything of the teaser though.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 7th, 2018, 16:30
Meh just another CGI trailer. Anyway we know it begins after Dragon Age Inquisition with the elves rebelling, and joining their dead god. Yes a spoiler for an old game.

So it will probably take place in the Tevinter Imperium. Anyway not really excited as I want more details just to see if it will require an Internet connection just to play.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 7th, 2018 at 17:56.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 16:49
@Couchpotato
Yes a spoiler for an old game.
Just because the game is a few years old does not mean it's ok to spoil. Lots of us play older games. I almost never play games until they are 3-5 years old, because of price, dlc, and backlog. Case in point, I just started Risen 2 and would be pissed if I read a spoiler.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 16:55
Nope game is four years old now. So if you haven't played it by now that's your problem not mine. Check the movie threads I'll use spoilers for new movies but not older ones.

Don't worry as I have no plans for more spoilers about DA:I. Still if someone tells me I cant post spoilers for DA:O & DA 2 I'll die of laughter as those games are far older.

So moving on now.

Spoiler – Shocking Spolier about who is the Dread Wolf
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Last edited by Couchpotato; December 7th, 2018 at 17:25. Reason: Spolier Tag

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

+1:

December 7th, 2018, 17:21
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
I would be able to better enjoy DA setting and story if characters had more meaningful development and their interactions were less "shallow dating simulation". Overall, the game mechanics and ruleset always let me wanting much more, in all 3 games. In the old days, new Bioware RPG would be day 1 for me, without thinking about it. Thats not true anymore, but I will keep my eye on DA4.
C'mon, they had character like Blackwall. I don't know how it was for people who romanced him but he had a pretty good story, Cassandra, too.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 17:26
Originally Posted by GabrielMP_19 View Post
C'mon, they had character like Blackwall. I don't know how it was for people who romanced him but he had a pretty good story, Cassandra, too.
Personally enjoyed Cassandra's and Blackwall's story. Only one I didn't like was Sera as she was just annoying. Only downside is you need to play the DLC to finish them.
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

December 7th, 2018, 17:27
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Personally enjoyed Cassandra's and Blackwall's story.

Only one I didn't like was Sera.

Then again you need to play the DLC to finish them.
Yeah, selling the end of the game in a DLC was a shitty move. EA sucks.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

December 7th, 2018, 17:33
There will be drums. And a wolf.

Well I mostly enjoyed the first two, so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that we'll get an enjoyable experience this time.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 17:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Only one I didn't like was Sera as she was just annoying.
There is a huge difference in interactions with Sera if you play a male or female character (even ignoring romance). She's at her best with female Qunari/Dwarf, the worst combo is male Elf.
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 7th, 2018, 17:54
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
There is a huge difference in interactions with Sera if you play a male or female character (even ignoring romance). She's at her best with female Qunari/Dwarf, the worst combo is male Elf.
I somehow became her friend with the weird dialogue choices eventually.Whoever wrote/designed her character deserves a medal. Both a good and bad one.
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

December 7th, 2018, 18:12
I liked Sera. Cassandra, too. Blackwall I never really got to know as I never finished DAI. Blackwall just seemed like the "normal" character they had to put in.

Since we're bringing up old games we hated… at least Bioware didn't come up with the laughably bad (and invincible!) witch doctor character from Risen XXIV.

Ovenall

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

December 7th, 2018, 18:21
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Cool, I didn't know that. It's good to see this kind of reactivity in a AAA game with so many AAA problems. Inquisition was far from a bad game, it was just bloated with meaningless sidequests and time wastes.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

December 7th, 2018, 18:27
Originally Posted by GabrielMP_19 View Post
Cool, I didn't know that. It's good to see this kind of reactivity in a AAA game with so many AAA problems. Inquisition was far from a bad game, it was just bloated with meaningless sidequests and time wastes.
Just to add it's because she's into women and hates most elves especially the Dalish ones. Just bring her with you on some of the end game quests for examples.

As for DA:I being bloated I whole heartily agree.

Wait oh no did I add spoilers again. Bad potato bad.
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

December 7th, 2018, 20:57
Iím looking forward to DA4. Now Iím off to finish DAI to see who the dread wolf is before couch ruins it.

Iím also looking forwRd to the announcement that itís a souls like and then it not resembling dark souls in the slightest.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 4 - Teaser Trailer